hooking laptop to built-in quad speakers through built-in radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry, regarding Freebird, you have to see the crowd 6 minutes in. Keep in mind, that was 45 years ago. Dude, they rocked. It may be a little fast for us older people but not me. LOL

Classical is my favorite. You might like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom55555 said:
Larry, regarding Freebird, you have to see the crowd 6 minutes in. Keep in mind, that was 45 years ago. Dude, they rocked. It may be a little fast for us older people but not me. LOL

It has nothing to do with fast, Tom, but badly strained voices and distorted instruments (fuzztone, etc.) get to me quickly. And it's often the specific performance that gets to me. For example I don't enjoy listening to Bob Dylan, but his music by other performers can be quite good.

Tom55555 said:
Classical is my favorite. You might like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33YcYLumEDk&list=RDv_eGT1yoVis&index=10
For serious listening classical is my favorite too, including much opera, though I also like much of "traditional" country (not very much of the new stuff that sounds like re-labeled rock), bluegrass, big band, most folk music, a lot of jazz, some of the blues, and even the '50s/early '60s rock and roll, though Little Richard and similar made me change stations. For background music while doing other things, either classical or "easy listening," something like Sirius/XM's Escape channel or what they used to call "elevator music." There's more styles I like, too, such as Irish and bagpipe (in short segments).

And I've seen that video of the young man on the Titanic theme -- he's great.

Larry N. said:
Yes, that Canon in D is very nice music, and well performed. Freebird wasn't too bad for the first couple of minutes, then the distorted instruments and such made it unpalatable, so I stopped.

Larry, with all due respect, Lynyrd Skynyrd is considered one of the greatest rock bands ever. They were so well rehearsed they could do an album on the first take. Check out the video 6 minutes in; the audience goes nuts. Music to me is about emotion. When you cry or get pumped up, to me that's good music. 

Lynyrd Skynyrd is considered one of the greatest rock bands ever.
Which doesn't change the fact that badly strained voices and distorted instruments (fuzztone, etc.) get to me quickly. It's why I never listen to rock, no matter how good others may think they are.

Check out the video 6 minutes in; the audience goes nuts.
I went to the 6 minute mark and had to mute the audio. The video of a large crowd of youngsters who were all excited about something did nothing for me. Was I supposed to be able to enjoy the audio because the crowd was excited?

Larry N. said:
Which doesn't change the fact that badly strained voices and distorted instruments (fuzztone, etc.) get to me quickly. It's why I never listen to rock, no matter how good others may think they are.

I'm with you Larry, I get physically sick if I have to listen to it if I'm somewhere where I can't mute it or turn it off.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
I'm with you Larry, I get physically sick if I have to listen to it if I'm somewhere where I can't mute it or turn it off.

My wife's grandfather would refer to those guys as "long haired hippy freeky people." I never had long hair and graduated with honors but those guys got all the pretty girls while my nerdy friends and I had to ride our dirt bikes for fun. LOL

Freebird is considered a pretty good rock song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

Larry, check this out.

Larry, I think we have a lot in common when it comes to music. Not many people can pick out each instrument.

You obviously have good ears since you're flying a single engine tail dragger and you're still alive. I'm sure you've. had to land a few times just on the sound of the engine. You need some brass to fly those.

I have a friend that is IFR certified; I hope he doesn't kill himself. My wife thinks a 60 million dollar 50 seat commercial jet is too small.

You obviously have good ears since you're flying a single engine tail dragger and you're still alive. I'm sure you've. had to land a few times just on the sound of the engine. You need some brass to fly those.
Tailwheels are not all that difficult to deal with if you pay attention (after initial training, that is). Where people really have problems is when they let their attention lapse, often relaxing before the aircraft comes to a stop, thus causing themselves problems. It doesn't take brass, just a willingness to pay attention to what you are doing -- as my first instructor said about landing, "Hold the aircraft six inches off the ground [ed: that's with power at idle] and keep it that way until you get to the tie downs, then pull it down that last six inches with the tiedown ropes." Of course what he really was saying is to keep flying the aircraft until you're stopped and shut down.

It's really no big deal if you pay attention instead of daydreaming.

I have a friend that is IFR certified; I hope he doesn't kill himself. My wife thinks a 60 million dollar 50 seat commercial jet is too small.
Once again, if he pays attention and uses good judgement, he'll do fine. It's dangerous mostly when you develop "get-there-itis" or otherwise use poor judgement (including exceeding your skill level), or when you let you skills deteriorate. Of course you need to pay special attention when the chance for ice or thunderstorms is there, but in that case staying on the ground for a little while is a good idea (with certain exceptions).

Given the above, it's not much more dangerous for a single engine aircraft to do IFR than it is for a jet airliner, but you do have to pay attention to certain additional limitations (yes, even giant airliners have limitations).

The biggest thing that causes fear of flying is a lack of understanding, coupled with its unfamiliarity and the fact that, to a ground pounder, it's far from intuitive. But a bit of learnin' can do wonders, IF the individual is willing to learn.

This is pretty far off topic for helping the OP.

All modern MacBooks have Bluetooth. A Bluetooth receiver/fm transmitter would seem to be a good choice. No additional wires to the MacBook.

The toughest thing for me was learning to do two wheel landings and "believe" I wouldn't strike the prop or nose over - LOL... Once you can 2 wheel it taildraggers are easy. But as Larry says and y dad used to say, "Taildragger landings aren't done until the hangar doors are closed..."

The first photo is of me doing "family" rides day. The second is my then 83 year old dad hand propping the Blue Streak (Taylorcraft)

Attachments

• _hpa0012.jpg
    _hpa0012.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 12
  • _hpa0006.jpg
    _hpa0006.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 12
Nice - and yes we are far afield from BT speakers so I hope the OP has the answer he needs.

I've considered getting a sport class airplane again (avoid the medical hassle) the T-craft or similar are fun.  But some of the light sport aircraft are freaking race cars these days and the electronics are awesome.

But fabric taildraggers are so cool... I also have a fair amount of time in Citabrias and Decathalons. I worked as an A&P at a glider school and we could take the planes for "test" flights after work and before beers... We just go do an hour of aerobatics just for fun.  If you own the plane it's cheaper than a ticket to 6-Flags...

You have to check out 27:30; it's beautiful music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g91kQyy4G7E

Every time I hear this song I think of a girl I knew in high school. She broke my heart but I got over it. LOL

This one isn't bad either.

Tom55555 said:
Every time I hear this song I think of a girl I knew in high school. She broke my heart but I got over it. LOL

This one isn't bad either.

Here's another set of long haired hippy freaks to old fart videos. Makes me feel better when I know I'm not the only one getting older. LOL

If you don't want the background, go 3 minutes in.

Elton John - London (2002) - The Royal Opera House

Tom55555 said:
Here's another set of long haired hippy freaks to old fart videos. Makes me feel better when I know I'm not the only one getting older. LOL

I really thought you were gonna link this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9lh7lqZojc

It was one of my "go to" songs for Japanese Karaoke when I lived there.

I picked up "long haired hippy freaky people" from that song. In the day, I was the short haired nerdy guy but could outride most in the dirt. I had to date the smart girls but they fit on the back of my bike. LOL

Attachments

• 1972_yamaha_dt2.jpg
    1972_yamaha_dt2.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 7
Tom55555 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuUtEDp_Mo

If you don't want the background, go 3 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vschhZ7TxIM

At 53:30 you will find the same song as the first link. I think it's interesting to compare. I liked that song when I was young and still like it today.

Back
Top Bottom