Hose nozzle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get any nozzle you want as long as it has a shower pattern.

Oh yea. There are no dumb questions. If you don’t know the answer it’s not dumb to ask.

I like one that goes from a spray pattern to a jet stream. Spray to wet and keep damp larger areas and jet to be able to pressure things loose.

I have used a hose end soap spray device similar to this one for years on both my automobiles and my RVs.
81EYYAjslcL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

Touché! I guess a hose is still needed...No nozzle at the hose end, though...
Ok, my pressure washer uses a garden hose on the input, and 20 feet or so of high pressure hose with a wand and nozzle on the output.

But to answer the OP's question I use whatever nozzle I have at hand, but I prefer the multi-spray pattern nozzles that I can adjust as needed.

I use a power washer but even that doesn't do the best job. I like sponge/mop type scrubber, the bristle ones always seem to soft.

For the hose nozzle get a 1/4 turn shut off so you can change "tools" without shutting the water tap off.

For a nozzle I use the multi type and mainly the narrow shower or jet.

Amazon mop brush

I always used a common adjustable garden hose nozzle, e.g. the pistol-grip-trigger type or dial type, along with a long handle RV wash brush and a bucket of car-wash detergent mix. Never saw the need for any special equipment or a use of a pressure washer.

Very high pressure spray heads run the risk of forcing water up underneath something, loosening caulk, or conceivably even cutting into something like a decal. I use my 1800 psi pressure washer for many things, but washing the RV or car isn't one of them. Some folks love their pressure cleaners, tho, and that's ok as long as they are used cautiously or are relatively low pressure models.

I use a foam cannon that attaches to a garden hose. While it doesn't work quite as well as the type that uses a pressure washer, I am actually amazed at how well it works. The cannon creates a thick foam that sticks onto the RV surface for much longer without running down. I can then use a long handled brush, followed by rinsing (the sprayer nozzle quickly disconnects from the cannon unit for rinsing).

The first time I used it, I was amazed at how much easier, and cleaner, the results were. Here's the one I bought.

I don't get why so many people want to use high-pressure sprays on their RV or car. The infatuation that Americans seem to have for power anything? There is no reason to power-scrub - a soft wash brush, mild carwash detergent, and a gentle rinsing spray is all that is needed. Maybe a foam gun if you prefer.

I don't get why so many people want to use high-pressure sprays on their RV or car. The infatuation that Americans seem to have for power anything? There is no reason to power-scrub - a soft wash brush, mild carwash detergent, and a gentle rinsing spray is all that is needed. Maybe a foam gun if you prefer.

I'll bite. Driving in the rain causes dirt and grit to get sprayed everywhere, and that's not stuff I want to be rubbing into the paint or gelcoat with a soft wash brush. A pressure washer is better at removing bugs than scrubbing and scouring--but the caveat is, one has to know what they're doing, how much pressure can be safely applied. Spring is the worst, when the bugs have eaten sap. Gah! So I start with a pre-wash, wide spray pattern with simple green and get all the bugs and grit off the paint and aluminum wheels. Then I use the soft brush, carwash soap and gentle rinse from a pistol-grip nozzle on a garden hose.

I used to detail vehicles for a paycheck in college ;)

I love these on my pressure washer
If you use a pressure washer on the roof be very careful. Even on the sides there are places where caulking is used and excessive pressure can make leaks from loose caulking.
After dumping the black tank you should add around 5 gallons of water to the tank to help break down any solids left behind after dumping. Going down the road will really help out also.
The amount of water to be added should depend on the size of your waste tanks. If your RV has a 20 gallon tank that is 1/4 full and too much. I suggest that you think in terms of about 10% the amount your waste tank holds and then only if the RV will be used again soon. If in storage for the season the tanks should be flushed out and left empty.

Back
Top Bottom