Hot! With No End In Sight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No doubt man does have an effect on global warming, but how much can be discussed ad nauseum.
To figure that one out, just think about how well man has done so far with other environmental issues and do not realize it until it is way too late. There are now around a million species threatened with extinction because of man.

Humans do a great job of destroying everything. We're nature's biggest mistake ever.

At least we're now trying to fix some of it.

-Don- Redcrest, CA

To figure that one out, just think about how well man has done so far with other environmental issues and do not realize it until it is way too late. There are now around a million species threatened with extinction because of man.

Humans do a great job of destroying everything. We're nature's biggest mistake ever.

-Don- Redcrest, CA
I wouldn't go so far as to say we are natures biggest* mistake but we do tend to mold everything to our liking regardless of it's impact on nature. And yes, many do a good job of attempting to destroy everything.

* I personally think it's the avocado. Made the pit too big. :LOL:

Feels like summer in SW Florida... Hot, humid, afternoon rains.

Pool temp is the same as the air temp mid day (~91°)

Believe it or not, DW and I use the hot tub in the a.m. (104°) for coffee, with dips into our icy plunge between heat session. Then, the day starts and I simply sweat all day fiddling in the garage...

Guess I have to learn to braze so I can install a reversing valve on the pool heat pump and make it cool instead of heat.

I left here (Ancient Redwoods RV Park in Redcrest, CA) to head up to Fortuna on my electric motorcycle after 1100 hrs when it was fairly warm. I left here with only my warm weather gear, such as a motorcycle jacket that lets all the air through it. Fortuna is only 20 miles (32km) north of here. By the time I got there, I was almost freezing. Light fog up there. Very close to the ocean.

I should know better as I have made such mistakes in the past. Even when it's very hot, I should at least bring a jacket liner, as the weather can change a lot in 20 miles, especially when around the Pacific Ocean. Just a few miles inland can be hot while next to the ocean is quite cool.

BTW, my low-range electric motorcycle can go a very long range in this area as charge stations are plentiful in Hwy 101 and well spread out.

I didn't need this charge, I had enough to get back here, but since I was there, I charged up.

It's kind of a hobby of mine to check into as many locations as possible on Plugshare, with a photo of my bike charging. Can see that here, in Fontuna today, as well as in countless other places around the country.

Fortuna is the first reasonable size town from here, which has everything such as a Safeway, many restaurants, shops, charge stations (several). I could have also charged up halfway there at Rio Dell as I did the other day here.

Rio Dell is a very small town with one small grocery store, that doesn't have anything near the stuff in the Fortuna Safeway.

That Fortuna charge cost me:

1720662448259.png

-Don- Redcrest, CA

-Don- Redcrest, CA
Can you please tell me where you find over a million species that are endangered right now? Most reports I have seen are less than 40,000.

Can you please tell me where you find over a million species that are endangered right now? Most reports I have seen are less than 40,000.

You're probably not counting the plant species, see here.

"The United Nations published a sweeping report last year cautioning that 1 million of the estimated 8 million plant and animal species on the planet are at risk of extinction, many within decades, because of human activities."

-Don- Redcrest, CA

You're probably not counting the plant species, see here.

"The United Nations published a sweeping report last year cautioning that 1 million of the estimated 8 million plant and animal species on the planet are at risk of extinction, many within decades, because of human activities."

-Don- Redcrest, CA
Again that is debatable.

All I can say is that it seems that no one has addressed the amount of heat all that black top on the roads we drive absorbs... You dont see any comments about that at all.
Grass, trees and various plants yield an evaporative cooling effect, but much of that has been replaced with roads, warehouses, parking lots, malls and now solar panels! Just the roads cover 43,000 sq miles!!!! or .4% of the USA surface area. This doesn't include mall parking and roof surfaces.:oops:
Safe travels and all the best.

I wouldn't go so far as to say we are natures biggest* mistake but we do tend to mold everything to our liking regardless of it's impact on nature. And yes, many do a good job of attempting to destroy everything.

* I personally think it's the avocado. Made the pit too big. :LOL:
I am going to go with onions. There is really not a good reason I can think of having them around.

Again that is debatable.
Sure, I can debate anything!:)

But yeah, when numbers are that high, it is difficult to get an accurate count. Besides the fact it is non-scientific to say anything does not exist. A few species believed to be extinct have been found alive and well.

Here are a dozen examples.

Nevertheless, man is doing a great job of destroying everything on earth.

-Don- (where a few percent of our Redwood Trees are left--the most in the world. 95% have been destroyed by man).

A huge part of the Midwest was woodlands for all but the (very) recent history. It naturally developed into woodland since before humans populated there.

I heard a farmer lament, as he sold his 2,000 acre farm to a developer, “that’ll never be tillable acreage again.” I remember thinking that just a couple hundred years before, some Native American watching rhe forest being cleared to make farmland was lamenting, “that’ll never be woodland again.”

Man has without a doubt made an impact on this planet. But our presence has been but a minuscule fraction of time of the planet’s history. She has withstood massive catastrophic events.. floods, impacts with other huge celestial bodies, worldwide quakes, ice ages, flipped its polarity… unimaginable stressors and traumas. I’m convinced the Earth is a life form unto itself, more powerful than anything we’re aware of. Thinking our plastic bags or carbon dioxide is a threat to the planet is laughable. Earth only needs to burp to rid herself of humans… if we continue to treat her with such disregard, I’m sure that’s just what she’ll do.

You can debate whether the earth is flat or round or whether the earth or sun is at the center of our planetary system.

Last edited:
A huge part of the Midwest was woodlands for all but the (very) recent history. It naturally developed into woodland since before humans populated there.

I heard a farmer lament, as he sold his 2,000 acre farm to a developer, “that’ll never be tillable acreage again.” I remember thinking that just a couple hundred years before, some Native American watching rhe forest being cleared to make farmland was lamenting, “that’ll never be woodland again.”

Man has without a doubt made an impact on this planet. But our presence has been but a minuscule fraction of time of the planet’s history. She has withstood massive catastrophic events.. floods, impacts with other huge celestial bodies, worldwide quakes, ice ages, flipped its polarity… unimaginable stressors and traumas. I’m convinced the Earth is a life form unto itself, more powerful than anything we’re aware of. Thinking our plastic bags or carbon dioxide is a threat to the planet is laughable. Earth only needs to burp to rid herself of humans… if we continue to treat her with such disregard, I’m sure that’s just what she’ll do.
The planet will recover, some species may, humans, probably not so much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nedh
Back
Top Bottom