Hotel parking lot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommapace

We need to get my 90 year old father in law to California. We want to take our travel trailer and stop at a hotel so he can get a room and we would sleep in our travel. Has anyone done this?

I have seen many RVs parked in hotel/motel parking lots. i used to go to one when I was looking for free wifi way back when free wifi was very hard to find. Motel 6 would be my recommendation.

Many motels have at least some oversize parking where your trailer should fit. Sleeping in the RV shouldn't be a problem as long as you're renting a room but I'd clear it with the motel when you make your reservation. Might save a midnight knock on the door by their security person.

Google Jeff Daniels: The Recreational Vehicle.

Jeff is "Mr Gornakee"(if I spelled it right) from the movie RV
he is dang near also a neighbor of mine. (Well Not that close but the RV dealer he mentiones in the song is next to an A&W drive in where I often stopped for Lunch in my travels)..

A lot of the Super 8's are the pits now too, and if you stay in a Wyndham hotel they'll call twice a week promoting their vacation packages. And they aren't violating the "no call" rules because you did business with them.

We have camped in a few, with hook ups, and were obviously charged to do so. I've heard several folks say that due to bad weather or other reasons they have pulled into a hotel and stayed but they didn't have anyone in the RV overnight.

Suggest you look at your route and call a few of the hotels and ask.

We traveled with other family members a couple of times, and stayed at hotels with them. We would sleep in the rig, while they took rooms. most hotels were fine with that. La Quinta, now another Windham chain was usually accommodating.
The problem was scouting which hotels had parking lots that could accommodate our rig (30' Class C with Toad.)
Most hotels preferred that we park in the back side parking, to allow other customers easy access.
There were times when we parked on the street, nearby, or in an adjacent shopping center.
Google maps street view was a great help in planning stops.

Many motels have at least some oversize parking where your trailer should fit. Sleeping in the RV shouldn't be a problem as long as you're renting a room but I'd clear it with the motel when you make your reservation. Might save a midnight knock on the door by their security person.
Thank you Lou.

Traveling across Nebraska and Kansas, we have found a few "Motel and RV Park" places that have hook-ups for RVs, as well.

Interesting reading the replies.

The only time we stayed at a motel with an attached campground was (by accident/mistake) in Brinkley, Ar northeast of Little Rock. When we made the freeway exit, a sign for a different (than planned) campground took us to a motel with a campground in the rear. The first clue should have been the sleazy motel with only 2 cars in their lot. The desk said "take any site in back". The second clue should have been only one other RV in the campground.

We figured that "we're here now, might as well stay". We hooked up electricity, put out the slideouts and settled in for the night. It was a dump, with only some pedestal electric hookups working, and large holes filled with rain water on most sites.

I attended a military reunion at a large motel in OK City. We stayed in the parking lot for 3 or 4 nights with the blessing of management.
No hookups of course but our solar carried us through without problems.
I don't know if they would have been so accommodating if the large group wasn't staying there.

Reactions: Tom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom