House Batteries for Fleetwood?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruthandken CDN

Alright, I know we are new at this, but this is ridiculous!  We got our Southwind out of winter storage for the weekend.  We purchased it during the winter months so we have never really been able to get a good look at it before now.  We checked out everything, leaving it winterized for a bit longer just in case the weather turns.  But our dilemma is this.  Where the heck are the house batteries?  We opened the hood and there is the battery for the engine.  In our other Class C MH there was a panel in the basement where the battery was housed.  We have opened and searched every single basement compartment, but can't find the darn batteries.  Read all the manuals, they talk about the batteries but don't say where they are.  Short of phoning Fleetwood, which I may have to tomorrow, I thought I'd try here first.  There is always a wealth of knowledge in here.  It's a Fleetwood, Southwind 2007 model 37C.
Thanks for any info.  ???

I have a Fleetwood Southwind Storm - my batteries are under the top step leading into the coach.

By the way, there is a twist-lock latch on the front edge of the step that secures the step if that helps.

I have a Pace Arrow 37C and my house batteries are also under the top step, but there are for screws (one in each corner of the step) that must be removed to remove the step.

jim g

Thanks guys for the info. I looked at our top step and it has 4 'kind of like' screws there.  I haven't opened it up yet, but I'm guessing that's where they are.  Thanks so much for the help.

Or, you can just crawl under the unit, at the step, and look up. They are visible from there. If you need to remove and replace, that's where it has to be done from, in my unit. Two person job!  ;D

Actually, two person job, at least one of whom needs to be fairly strong.  ::)

The batteries in my Southwind are under the second step, and must be removed and replaced from the top after lifting the step.  There is a cam-type latch in the center of the step with a butterfly type knob.

as long as you are there might as well swap and change the wiring to 2 6 volt batterys.

Mblaster said:
as long as you are there might as well swap and change the wiring to 2 6 volt batterys.

I thought they all have 6 volt batteries already  ??? at least mine came that way from the factory.

JerryR

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom