House battery hook up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janijack

We have a 2004 Allegro Bay and my husband removed the 2 6volt batteries without taking a picture of how to reconnect them. Can anyone give me a diagram on how to reconnect them

We have a 2004 Allegro Bay and my husband removed the 2 6volt batteries without taking a picture of how to reconnect them. Can anyone give me a diagram on how to reconnect them
Welcome! Take a photo of all the wires in that area and post it here and I am sure we will figure it out.

If possible, after you put it back together use two of these thingies. I make sure I only have one red and one black wire at my house batteries. All others go to those above thingies. I have had such issues myself as I often add stuff and forget what it was when I replace the batteries. So I now only have two wires at the battery, as I did here, on the battery I added to my newer RV.

-Don- Medford, OR

You should send a picture of exactly what you have and one of the smarter seasoned guys will help you ;)

Last edited:
Put the RED on POS of one battery, the 2 blacks on the NEG of other battery and the one with 2 ends between the remaining terms one of them should be NEG other POS

I'd prefer to not guess. I believe RNS is correct though, but I personally would like to double check with a meter.

I would believe two positive cables and one negative before I'd think there'd be 2 grounds. Can't go by terminal color with absolute certainty so they should be electrically or physically traced to their termination.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I would believe two positive cables and one negative before I'd think there'd be 2 grounds. Can't go by terminal color with absolute certainty so they should be electrically or physically traced to their termination.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
True I know mine had 2 POS. A meter would help.

Actually just went out looked I have 3 on POS

Last edited:
Put the RED on POS of one battery, the 2 blacks on the NEG of other battery and the one with 2 ends between the remaining terms one of them should be NEG other POS
Thank you so so much! You guys are AWESOME

Back
Top Bottom