House Sold!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Next step on our way to independance, house got an offer, actually 3 today.  Highest had an awful schedule for closing, mid one good schedule, lowest was based on a zoning variance requirement.  Took mid and counteroffered to highest price offered and they accepted.  Yeehaaa!

Tomorrow we put in a bid on a park model in the RV resort we want to go to.  Only 1 for sale, has noce add-ons, and it will do for a year or two while we settle.  Plan was initially to go for a 5th wheel, but we won't have much travel in the next 3 years, so, getting something without tires made the most sense.  We figure on adding AC to our truckcamper for now, and then maybe a newer one (truckcamper) in a year. 

Big bonus, the clubhouse hosts a bluegrass jam session every Fri night in season! 

Grats on the house sale.  We just went through that ourselves and the feeling is great.  Until you start trying to figure out how to move and/or dispose of all your "stuff".  ;D

As Smoky said, now the fun begins. Enjoy your new digs.

Hi Bill,

Congratulations!! Glad we got to see the house before you moved. :) Good move on the park model. You won't have any problems selling it when you can get on the road.

Congratulations on both the sale and the purchase, Bill. Sounds like everything is coming together nicely for you.  Hope to be able to see you some time this winter - we will be back in our Florida home (Ocala area) around Nov 8.

Smoky said:
Grats on the house sale.? We just went through that ourselves and the feeling is great.? Until you start trying to figure out how to move and/or dispose of all your "stuff".? ?

The stuff saga just continues.  When we sold our "Big"  house in Brea, CA  we downsized to a small condo (850 sq feet)  We had big yard sale and kept  important stuff .  Despite having no garage we had a 8x6 storage room.  Kept stuff for the 4 years we lived there.  Then rented out the condo and went full time.. Now we moved the "important stuff" 1700 miles to a big storage shed in ID.  I drove the rental truck.  Two years later I am going through some of the boxes in storage.  What was I thinking?  I can't believe I saved coat hangers!  I saved paperback books I've already read.  Yesterday I took a big box to the church to donate.  I took a box of kitchen utensils to the local high school whose home EC dept wanted donations.  I like my stuff but I don't like sorting, packing and moving it.  As we are about to build a stick house I will "need" lots  of the stuff I have in storage, but new stuff would be even better.  What is  with that?  Maybe it is a shopping disease. I hate to admit my connection to my stuff, especially when I am looking at the wonderful scenery in this world of ours and my Pyrex dishes nor Noritake china  do not come to mind at all. 

Betty Brewer

Betty,

Pat still has her Noritake china. She won't part with it no matter what. I can't blame her. I bought it when I was in Japan in '63. The whole 12 place setting was a whopping $48!!! Guess I won't ever replace it. :)

fredethomas said:
You mean Betty that we worked in that 90d+ weather to unload clothes hangers and paperbacks???!!!

? Well no , not exactly.? There were also? boxes and and boxes of really really important stuff.? Like my bread maker, my waffle iron, Terry's sanders and? drills.? Thank you,? for sure for helping unload my stuff on the hottest day of the year. Didn't I have the? best serving dishes for water?? Lots of the big? furniture pieces will stay here in Idaho in the cabin.? The art work , photos, souvenirs and dishes will travel backto AZ.? What are friends for?? Do you need any used paperbacks?

BB

We have gone through the dispose, sell, store already, when we left the house for our trip down it was essentially empty.  Real estate agent said lots of folks find it easier to see the blank canvas with their stuff, than can see their stuff in place of our stuff. 

Used Freecycle to give away a lot, gave many donations to Big Sisters, plus to my old church camp.  Books went to swap library at my old yacht club, plus some left over sailing stuff we had. 

Now we have 2 pallets of 'have to keep' arriving tomorrow, now to figure out where to put it.  Looks like there might be another yard sale!

90?  We unloaded our trailer into the storage thing in about 100+ We move to FL and they have record setting heat.  Yipes!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom