How Can I Transfer MIDI files from my laptop to a CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Y'all.

How Can I Transfer MIDI files from my laptop to a CD? What software or utility do I need?  My CD burning software can only write .mp3, or .wma files.  DUH.    ???

Thanks,
Liz

You can copy MIDI files to a CD but they are no different than any other file.  They will not be recognized by any audio player as they need special software to be played.

Jackliz said:
Howdy, Y'all.

How Can I Transfer MIDI files from my laptop to a CD? What software or utility do I need?  My CD burning software can only write .mp3, or .wma files.  DUH.    ???

Thanks,
Liz

Have you tried Googling with key words such as "midi to mp3 and convert". You should get tons of sites of SW vendors marketing Midi to MP3 format converters. One is simply named miditomp3.com . . . I think.

Liz:

What did you plan to do once you transferred the files to CD?  Are you just archiving them, or did you want to play them on a CD player, or what?  If they are to be played on a CD player, that is when you would need to think about converting them to another format.  If you are simply archiving them, the XP operating system can do that without special software.

Smoky said:
Liz:

What did you plan to do once you transferred the files to CD?  Are you just archiving them, or did you want to play them on a CD player, or what?  If they are to be played on a CD player, that is when you would need to think about converting them to another format.  If you are simply archiving them, the XP operating system can do that without special software.

Thanks to everyone that replied.
I want to play these files on a CD player. Reckon I will have to get some conversion software to convert these MIDI to another file type. Which kind of file, though? I want to use the CD player in the Wanderlodge and my laptop.

Regards,
Liz
Wintering in Hondo, TX

I would convert them to MP3, those will play on just about any player.  Does your CD player support MP3 CDs?  Not all players do.  If not, then you will need to use something like Nero to create an audio CD, and that uses files which are not compressed, thus only 1 hour per CD.

I agree with Ned that the mp3 files are the most useful and all around compatibility.  There is a free program at

http://www.musicmatch.com/

Just click on the get it now button and then choose the free version.  Music match does a great job and I have used it for many years.  I like it so much I later bought the paid version, but the free version does everything you need.

Only the older Cd players cannot handle mp3 format.  You might have to convert to wav files if you have an older format.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom