How do I order parts for the chassis that my Overland MH is built on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gnuman

I have a 77 Overland motorhome that is built on a Dodge chasis, but I do not know which one. I also am unable to order brake pads or anything having to do with the suspension, as I cannot find any documentationon what chassis this was built on. Overland went under 7 years ago, and I cannot find anything on the web about them, or where to get any kind of info. Does anyone know where to find out what chassis this is, or where to get the manuals for this rig? I'll be needing to tear into this thing to repair the engine and tranny, and would like some info on the suspension and steering, so I can check that out at the same time. More than this, I need whatever info can be had on the coach area, with regards to wiring diagrams and such.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
THIS web site has a Vintage RV forum - maybe somebody there will know about Overland chassis.  I know somebody with an Overland, but it is one of the last ones built before their demise - nowhere near as old as yours and definitely not a Dodge chassis either - it's a Spartan.  Sorry we cannot be of more help.

Gnuman

The VIN is (I kid you not, this is what is on the title: ) 07193 with an OIN# 609E.
Does that help at all?

Gary, that was actually very helpful. I have registered there, and will likely get lots of much needed info concerning my older coach. Vintage, eh? and I thought it was just me that was that old. . .  ;D

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
This is a 1977 vehicle and probably will not have a standard 17 digit VIN. The ISO standard for VIN was established in February, 1977 and fully adopted by the feds for model year 1981.  Earlier vehicles often had a shorter, non-standardized "VIN" (typically 13 digits) or just a manufacturer's ID or serial number.  In the semi-standard 13 digit VIN, there was a 7 character manufacturer-specific area followed by a 6 digit serial number.

What you are looking at is probably either an engine or  chassis serial number or a body (coach builder's) serial number.  If it is an engine/ chassis serial number, Dodge should be able to provide some information. If it is a body (Overland) number you are probably out of luck on that score.  From what I can determine, Chrysler Corp used a 6 digit ID number in that time frame, but it had letters

I don't know what "OIN" refers to.

Here's a website that deals with old Dodge trucks/chassis and their history, actually those even older than yours. Also has some parts and help sources.  Might give you some clues, though, since I think the Dodge medium truck chassis did not change much in that time frame. Passenger cars were morphing then, but big trucks did not change much in the 70's.  Dodge Truck History

Ebay Motors has a vintage car & truck parts section and also has an area where people can publish guides and other info on vintage vehicles. There are also a user forums somewhere where you might be able to find some help. Ebay Vintage Car & Truck Parts

Top Bottom