How do I renew my ham ticket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curious, is there a charge for address update? The new license fee is crazy, maybe for a new license, but for renewal? Is it even looked at requiring labor? Fortunately it is not high it is just principal.

Administrative updates, such as a change of name, mailing or email address, and modification applications to upgrade an amateur radio licensee’s operator class or to request a sequentially issued call sign, are exempt from fees.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

I've been on QRZ since it was invented and never noticed that button on the detail page before. Yep, kinda handy.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

I think I just successfully renewed my ham ticket. At least they let me pay the $35.00 so I assume it was renewed, but nothing confirmed such other than the payment:

Total Amount $35.00 Payer FRN 0008492910 Payer Name RICHMAN, DONALD A Remittance ID 4117290 Treasury Tracking ID 274PEUOV Thank you for your payment.

So am I all set, since they accepted my payment? If so, it was really not a big deal to renew. Was easy and only took a few minutes.

-Don- AA6GA Auburn, CA

I would give it a day or so for the database to be updated. Takes another day or so for places like QRZ to update.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

I think I just successfully renewed my ham ticket. At least they let me pay the $35.00 so I assume it was renewed, but nothing confirmed such other than the payment:

Total Amount $35.00 Payer FRN 0008492910 Payer Name RICHMAN, DONALD A Remittance ID 4117290 Treasury Tracking ID 274PEUOV Thank you for your payment.

So am I all set, since they accepted my payment? If so, it was really not a big deal to renew. Was easy and only took a few minutes.

-Don- AA6GA Auburn, CA
Go back tomorrow or Monday and check and download your nee Reference copy
NOTE if you selected "Remote" or VoIP services you may need to send 'em a new copy of your licene. So save said "Reference Copy" to your hard drive. .

Go back tomorrow or Monday and check and download your nee Reference copy
NOTE if you selected "Remote" or VoIP services you may need to send 'em a new copy of your licene. So save said "Reference Copy" to your hard drive. .
Since tomorrow is Saturday, I will check on Monday. But even if it takes a few more days, not a big deal as long as it is in. I have three months before my ham ticket expires. I renewed on the first day possible.

I do HF CW only and I don't use remotes on my end. And not into Voip, or any other mode. But I have worked many a CW station that was using a remote. Just a few days ago, I worked a CW remote on 40m in San Franciso. The operator (Pierre) was in Quebec City (VE2PID).

73, -Don- AA6GA Auburn, CA

I've heard that and $4 will get you a coffee from a number of reputable establishments.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
Yeah, the coffee at the local Denny's here now costs $3.59.

Denny's Receipt:
Coffee:$3.59
Veggie Omlet:$12.99
Fruit:0.99
15% off (AARP)-$2.64
subtotal:$14.93
tax:$1.23
Gratuity:$3.23 (20%)
Grand Total:$19.39

-Don- AA6GA Auburn, CA

The real thing shows up today on both QRZ.COM as well as the FCC website (but not yet on the link Lou mentioned here). On a Sunday even! Was not there yesterday.

It was easy to renew, I don't know if they made it easier recently. But if not, I don't know what all the fuss was about.

But here it is, the real thing (but issued on April Fools day!):

1680465929271.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom