How do you know when you have released the vacuum on the toad's brakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggermike

I have a Road Master Even Brake system for my Honda Fit.  I read in the instruction you should always press the Test button, which I do, to make sure the system is working and also to release the  power brake vacuum.  According to the instructions you may have to press the test button more than once to release the vacuum.  I was wondering how do you know when the vacuum has been fully released? 

You really don't, but three or four depressions of the brake pedal should certainly do it.  Each subsequent actuation of the brake system will just get it closer to completely depleted.  It's not an exact science, but doesn't need to be.

If you are looking for reassurance.  The next time you park your vehicle,  just place the transmission in park turn the key to the off position and apply the brakes several times. After 3-4 applications the petal will become hard to push and you will not hear the vacuum sound escaping.  This should give you an understanding of what happens when you apply your Even Brake test. 

I spoke to a tech at Brake Buddy who was very helpful.  He suggested pumping the brake manually to release the vacuum before attaching the Brake Buddy to the brake pedal.  I now pump the brake pedal six to eight times to release the vacuum before I attach the Brake Buddy.  I also press the test button which pumps it three more times.  By doing it this way, I am assured that the vacuum has been released, and it now works fine. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom