How does it work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SpencerPJ said:
You need to stop that habit,  It will get gas into your charcoal canister that captures fumes and cause your check engine light to come on, and $100 to replace the canister.  Don't ask me how I know  ;)  Stop at the click... no more :)

edjunior said:
I can verify this, and add my little bit to it.  I would fill my new Dodge Charger like this and always smelled gas in the car after a fill-up.  I always thought it was just something in the way the Charger was built.  Until I read on one of the Charger forums someone else had that problem.  The answer was like SpencerPJ said, stop filling at the first click.  And I actually tested this on a number of fill-ups.  After the first time I stopped at the first click, no fumes in the car.  The next fill-up, I clicked it until I could click no more.  Fumes in the the car.  I did it a couple of more times until I felt that yep, that was what was causing the fumes in the car.  It did take me a while, but I finally kicked the habit.  I now always stop after the first click.  And have not had fumes in the car since.  So believe it!

Interesting as I am a big time topper offer... :)  Doubt I'll change my habits--but I'll keep it in mind. 
Edjunior--your problem is that it was a dodge....LOL

Derby6 said:
Interesting as I am a big time topper offer... :) 
Edjunior--your problem is that it was a dodge....LOL

Oh, c'mon now.  Be nice.  I have my Ford truck!  The Charger started out being my wife's car, but stuff happens, and I started driving it to work.  76 miles round trip.  5 days a week.  The car has been great.  But it's been sitting in the driveway now since March.  Driven only enough to clean the exhaust now and then.  Stupid Covid crap!

LOL--Right on!
My new commuter was hand me down from wife too.
And we are both military retirees...albeit you were AF... :D  Army here.
A lot in common!!!

HiJack complete.

SpencerPJ said:
You need to stop that habit,  It will get gas into your charcoal canister that captures fumes and cause your check engine light to come on, and $100 to replace the canister.  Don't ask me how I know  ;)  Stop at the click... no more :)

I did the same think in my 2006 Silverado.  I don't remember the cost to repair it... I want to say I bought the part and did it myself, but I'm not even sure about that.  Reagrdless...I'll sometimes pack in a little past the click but no longer stuff the pipe full.

and yeah, I suppose different car models probably use different variables to calculate taht range.  I just bought an electric car and I'm trying to figure out this one....  I'm not sure if it weights the averages of the last drive...the last charge (or tank), the life average, or what....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom