How I spent my Summer vacation by Gizmo100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo100

As I have said from time to time the wife and I have been wanting to get back to Arkansas. We just had one little thing keeping us in Alabama.... A house to sell, No problem :eek:

Our first listing agent got us a offer within 2 weeks. After a month it was discovered that the buyers had lied about having the down payment as well as exaggerated their income. So needless to say....NO LOAN for them.

Our second agent NEVER showed the house. The only showings that did happen was a local agent. When I asked the agent about the lack of activity she stated that she wasn't getting any calls....Seemed a little strange to us???

Our 3rd agent was the local agent who I mentioned above. She hit the ground running. She was getting calls almost everyday. within a month (end of May)  we had a good offer and accepted. The buyers wanted a quick closing so we set it for the end of June.

Now the fun starts......
Delay #1
While we are focused on getting all our stuff packed and moved the buyer's bank is pushing to get the loan ready for closing. The day before closing we find out the bank screw up the loan. The buyer's were approved for a rural development loan. The bank got bought out by during the process and they couldn't do a government loan. So they did a conventional mortgage loan at a higher interest rate and requiring a down payment. The buyers rejected the loan.So the bank had to get a different mortgage company to handle the loan.

Delay #2
While submitting the paperwork to the government for approval it was discover that half the paperwork had part of the address missing. I lived on Claxton Ave North. But the north was left off. As far as the government was concerned it was 2 different addresses.....The paperwork all had to be re-submitted.

Delay #3
The last Delay was almost funny. The bank had not presented a financial disclosure to the buyer. For those that don't know it is required by law that the buyer has 3 business days to review the disclosure. When my agent found out that they wanted to delay the closing AGAIN. She went straight to the bank president and showed him all the crap they had screwed up on this loan. The president made one of the loan officers drive the paperwork out to the buyers to get it signed that afternoon. (It was after 3PM on a Friday and about 70 miles each way  ;D ;D ).

Well after 7 weeks of delays we had our money and started shopping for our new home. And I happy to say we found the perfect place. A nice lakefront home half the size of the house we sold. So that should also mean half of the work around the house...

So not much camping this summer, unless you want to count hiding in the camper while staying at the mother in laws ;D

Hopefully as we get moved in I'll get to spend more time on the forum...Unless I'm out fishing :)

Wow!!! What a hassle. Must have been very frustrating. Glad you got the house sold, finally. Best wishes in your new home. 

Sounds like fun Giz. When I sold my last house in 1989 I vowed to never own a house again. Then twenty years later I had a girlfriend that sold her house. It sold quickly but I could not believe all the crap that she was forced to do to sell it. The worst was she had to spend $5000 having a sewer drain dug up and replaced. I watched the workers and it could not have cost more than $1000 to dig it up and replace it. Someone was getting a kickback somewhere.

Thanks for the primer on what can go wrong. We're about 3 weeks (paint, carpet cleaning, and interior cleaning) from putting my late mother's and dad's home on the market. Our realtor is the same one that sold it to them 30 years ago.

Sounds similar when we sold our first home in 1986. The deal crapped at the last minute. The buyers were not pre-qualified for a mortgage. My guy couldn't believe they were actually looking for a house. Their guy, who screwed up, put the icing on the cake by pressuring us to sell contract for deed. My attorney said, don't walk away.... RUN!

Sounds like a great summer Gizmo100  8), been wondering what you've been up to. Happy it finally sold and you found a place you are happy with.  We are about 6 years from the same process, I've already started downsizing.  Been in this same house 30 years.  Hopefully you can enjoy a resting weekend in the camper this fall, but the lake life is my next house and resting place as well.  Enjoy  :))

There's a pot of gold at the end of that long rainbow! I hope everything from this point out runs smoothly and I'll give you some advice a friend gives me.... Don't break stuff! Lol

RVMommaTo6 said:
I'll give you some advice a friend gives me.... Don't break stuff! Lol

When you say don't break stuff.....Does this include me?  :eek: :eek:

Oldgator73 said:
What?s your new address? Even if you don?t tell me I?ll find you. I think you still owe me money.  :p

I paid that money .....Don't you remember?? It was A out of state...Post dated....3rd party check.  8)

Besides Arkansas doesn't need any OLD Gators.

Gizmo100 said:
I paid that money .....Don't you remember?? It was A out of state...Post dated....3rd party check.  8)

Besides Arkansas doesn't need any OLD Gators.

That check bounced all the way back to Alabama. By the way, good thing you got outa Baja when you did; hurricane took it.
I may be OLD but I?m still SLOW.

Just a followup on our move.......

Moving is not for old people :D :D

We are slowly making progress but it's taking forever to go though boxes and decide what has to go. So far we have gotten rid of a 5 piece bedroom set, A desk, and another queen size bed. Not to mention 12 big bags of miscellaneous stuff we just won't have room to keep.

Still looking for a new home for a 7 foot slate top pool table.....So if any of you RV'ers with a big rig are interested just let me know. :)

So I've not been on the forum much with the moving and a little fishing in between.

Attachments

• Gizmo fishing.jpg
    Gizmo fishing.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 47
  • little catfish.jpg
    little catfish.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 43
  • Big catfish.jpg
    Big catfish.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 44
  • SM mouth.jpg
    SM mouth.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 40
  • Large mouth.jpg
    Large mouth.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 41
I?ll take the table off your hands for $500 but you have to deliver it. I would expect a cashiers check since your last check bounced. I?ll be home Tuesday after 4pm. See you then.  8)

By the way, if you live on that lake in the photos i?m Jealous.

Gordiegaffer said:
I think  the pool table would put me over weigh

Those weight numbers are very conservative  ::) I'm sure you'll be alright.

Oldgator73 said:
I?ll take the table off your hands for $500 but you have to deliver it. I would expect a cashiers check since your last check bounced. I?ll be home Tuesday after 4pm. See you then.  8)

By the way, if you live on that lake in the photos i?m Jealous.

I was willing to go for everything until you said 4 PM on Tuesday. That's my fishing time ;D

And yes the dock is ours and it right in our backyard. WE ARE LOVING IT. My wife is still out on the dock fishing as I type this.

Now if I could just find the base to our big screen TV...

Where is Gizmo's fish? I'm sure you'll both be very happy there, looks wonderful.  Be good to have you back full time  ;D

jackiemac said:
Where is Gizmo's fish? I'm sure you'll both be very happy there, looks wonderful.  Be good to have you back full time  ;D

Gizmo's fishing skills are somewhat lacking...He's having trouble setting the hook.

As a side note ....It may still be a while before I'm "Full time". We're still unpacking the house and they started building the shop today. So I'll be working on getting all my tools setup, Building shelves for storage and shopping for a boat.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Great spot you've got there!

Thanks...It's a great spot for camping...At home ;D

Back
Top Bottom