How many gallons in a shower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rambler28

Just a tip I learned take a bucket in the shower and collect the water while your waiting for the hot water to come . And use it to flush your toilet

HappyWanderer

Earlier this year I bought a water meter that i installed at the fresh water input. It was educational to see a weeks worth of usage..
Those flow meters are eye-openers. I use one while flushing out the black tank. I’ll bet I was only using half the water that I thought I was before measuring.

JudyJB

I use a dishpan and rinse the dishes over it, so all the water collects in it. Then i dump it in the toilet because the black tank fills up more slowly than the grey one. And i figure I use maybe 2-3 gallons of water per shower, and that includes washing my hair.

silversport

Boondoocking water & tank saving things we do; have a container at each faucet to catch cold water before hot water arrives (reuse to cook, drink, or flush at night), use a collapsible dish tub & then water a bush with said water, Shower has a low flow head with cutoff GI showers (wet down water off, soap up, rinse off). For us we carry 140 gal fresh & 160 gal grey/black, have gone 3 plus weeks with room to spare

camperAL

Hi Fun topic,

When my wife and I go out boondocking, it's for usually two weeks at a time. We have a 55 gallon tank and usually take ten to twelve gallons of drinking water. We do save water for other chores or flushing the toilet. We take showers about once every three or four days. We do sponge baths in between. I've never notices any smells from either of us, we seem pretty clean. We take a shower before we go out to boondock and take one after we get back into a campsite with electric, water and dump.

So that is about 4.75 gallons per day for us or 2.325 gallons per day each. We actually made it 15 days one time as we were too tired to dump and fill the water but we could have. Showers normally cost us about 3 gallons of water for both or 1.5 gallons when we shower. Water management is important when you camp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurthunter
Top Bottom