How much do you pay in your state?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Illinois our motorhome is around $100 about same as an auto. But this lovely state takes all our money elsewhere. So you have to look at the overall picture of what you pay per year to the state. All states get there money different ways.

Alaska is the best IF you can establish residence there.
No state income tax. No state sales tax
If you're 65 or older you get one vehicle registration for free. I don't remember, but I think before I turned 65, plates were $50/year. Renewable every two years.

When we had our MH, the plate was free on my name and the toad's plate was free on the wife's name.
NOTE: Establishing residence there does NOT qualify you for the annual permanent fund check.

Pennsylvania - $120 registration, 6% sales tax one time, no personal property tax. Not sure about annual inspection but about $30 or $50 depending on weight.

Here in Michigan last year I paid a little under $13000 in sales tax and almost $1200 for one year registration ?

Sgt472 said:
Here in Michigan last year I paid a little under $13000 in sales tax and almost $1200 for one year registration ?
Yea, we took the tax hit last year as well. Haven't registered this year yet. I'm learning yoga so I can bend over easier.

Alpena Jeff said:
Yea, we took the tax hit last year as well. Haven't registered this year yet. I'm learning yoga so I can bend over easier.

Don't forget about MI having the highest insurance rates in the country too.  Better add a stretching class to that yoga routine.

Here in Montana:

Less than 2 years old $282.50

2 yrs but less than 5 $224.25

5 yrs but less than 8 $132.50

8 years and older $97.50

Other Fees (if applicable):

Montana Highway Patrol Salary and Retention Fee $10.00

New Issue Plate Fee $10.00

Motor Homes - Permanent Registration (optional for Motor Homes 11 years old and over)  $237.50

Montana Highway Patrol Salary and Retention Fee $10.00

Permanent Insurance Verification Fee $5.00

61-6-158

If a new set of license plates is being issued, an insurance verification fee of $5.00 will be applied

Washington state, $116 per year flat rate.  Sales tax first year in my county was about 7.5%.  No state income tax, but there is a heavy sin tax on alcohol and tobacco.  Hard alcohol, the 80  proof stuff has about a 100% tax, same with cigs.  A pack of Marlboro's is $10 plus, I don't smoke so that doesn't bother me.  I travel to California once or twice a year for alcohol and wine and stock up.  I'm in Cali right now, going to Bev' Mo and Costco to stock up.  Insanity, the more you tax something, the less tax money you get.

NY_Dutch said:
Keep them coming folks! You're making our decision to keep our domicile in NY look better and better...  :eek: ;D
I paid about $350.00 for plates  on RV and in Texas we don't have a State income tax.
Bill

Connecticut: motorhome plates are $95 for two years.

You pay state sales tax when the vehicle is purchased, then local property tax annually. Local mil rates vary widely; my sister lives two towns away and her property tax is triple of what we pay.

Delaware charges 4.75% of the sales price or NADA, whichever is higher at the of the sale. Yearly tags cost us $97 and change for our class C. This varies by GVWR.

Mile High said:
Colorado is high -

Yup -- it's high. The actual license fee isn't that much, but you have to pay personal property tax as part of the license fee/renewal. After 10 years it's getting half way reasonable.

We bought our 2008 DP in January. Brought it home to Montana and paid $120 to transfer title and license for the year. Next year I can buy a permanent-forever license and pay about $220 to never have to pay a fee again. No sales tax. We do have state income tax and our insurance rates are on the high side ... lots of two lanes and deer strikes.

1st year registration in Nevada for my 2018 Dynamax DX3,

Registration Fee Passenger Vehicle $33.00
Basic Government Services Clark County $4,359.00  (TAX)
Supplemental Government Services $1,090.00 (TAX)
Technology Fee $1.00
Navy Veteran License Plate $4.99

A few years ago in North Carolina we paid around $100 for the MH registration and then $2,000 for the personal property tax each year. Since moving to Florida we pay $59 per year.

John Beard said:
1st year registration in Nevada for my 2018 Dynamax DX3,

Registration Fee Passenger Vehicle $33.00
Basic Government Services Clark County $4,359.00  (TAX)
Supplemental Government Services $1,090.00 (TAX)
Technology Fee $1.00
Navy Veteran License Plate $4.99

Wow John. I wonder how much of that fee will repeat the 2nd year?  When I was researching different places to locate when I moved out of Ca, I checked the reg fees in NV.  They scared me right back to SD!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom