How much for a used 15 gallon sewer tote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

I have an extra 15 gallon sewer tote and would like to sell it, anyone have an idea of what I should ask for it? Can't find any used ones on Craigslist list or ebay.
Its a Tote-N-Stor 25607 Portable Waste Holding Tank 15 Gallon only used for grey water only.
Thanks

I bought a used Thetford SmartTote2 LX 4-wheel 27 gallon waste tank that sells for $225+ new for $50 last year. The seller also included several spare parts. I bought it in person so no shipping costs were involved.

SMR said:
I have an extra 15 gallon sewer tote and would like to sell it, anyone have an idea of what I should ask for it? Can't find any used ones on Craigslist list or ebay.
Its a Tote-N-Stor 25607 Portable Waste Holding Tank 15 Gallon only used for grey water only.
Thanks

Using it only for gray water would not be a selling point for me.

They are $100 new, free shipping.  Selling used will be tough.  If it were me, I'd put a for sale sign on it for $40 cash, place it in front of my RV at a camp site.  Keep it presentable, no one will complain. 

You might get $40, but $25 would sell it a lot faster.  SpencerPJ's suggestion for the selling location is a good one. Reaching the buying audience is the hardest part of selling.

I see these totes, with accessories, as low as $82 on Amazon.

I've reached a point in my life there are many things I don't mess around with anymore.  If I have to dork around putting something on craigslist or wherever, deal with the phone calls, have people come by or meet them somewhere it had better be worth my time.  My usual mode for getting rid of things I don't want anymore is put a 'free' sign on it and put it out at the end of my driveway.  For this item if you don't mind schlepping it around for a while you could put a "for sale" sign on it whenever you're at a campground or RV park and you might get a taker that way.  All depends on how quickly you want to lose it.  But for something only worth $25-$50 and having to work for that amount on top of it, you may be time and effort ahead to just make it go away.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

If I really want to get rid of something I put it out at the end of my driveway with "For Sale $20" instead of "Free". It will magically disappear overnight. "Free" implies it is broken and nobody will take it.

The tote I bought for $50 was displayed on a campground host's site with a "Make an offer" sign. I had been looking at new ones online and hadn't made up my mind yet, and this deal made it an easy choice.

I was driving home from picking up the grandkids at school one day when I saw a pile of lumber in front of a house with a sign that said ?FREE?. I stopped and found it was cedar shiplap. Enough to cover an entire wall in our TV room. I even took the pieces that were unusable so the homeowner wouldn?t have to clean up any mess. I agree with some on here that sometimes it?s just not worth the effort to advertise and sell something.

Attachments

• 02A1ADF3-52EE-4547-8079-7FAC11F366FE.jpeg
    02A1ADF3-52EE-4547-8079-7FAC11F366FE.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 20
Oldgator73 said:
I was driving home from picking up the grandkids at school one day when I saw a pile of lumber in front of a house with a sign that said ?FREE?. I stopped and found it was cedar shiplap. Enough to cover an entire wall in our TV room. I even took the pieces that were unusable so the homeowner wouldn?t have to clean up any mess. I agree with some on here that sometimes it?s just not worth the effort to advertise and sell something.

Amazing work!  :))

Comes to prove the not-so old saying: "One man's trash is another man's treasure".

Amazing work! :))

Comes to prove the not-so old saying: "One man's trash is another man's treasure".
My camping style is changing. I have three totes of different sizes. All are in great condition…

The market for used totes is “thin” and there appears to be a big spread between the bid and asking prices.

I am going to try to advertise at my RV dealership and the campgrounds. I will suggest a minimal asking price, but tell people they can pay what I think it’s worth and that all proceeds will go to a local food depository. I’ll give them the option of making the check out to the depository if they want.

I don’t want to throw them out, and this seems to be the best option to get some value for someone who needs it more than I do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom