How much will you pay for a watch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The more you spend on a watch, usually, the more it will hold its value.

Compare old Rolexes to old Timexes for an example.

-Don- Reno, NV
And how does that work for a ratio compared to the original price of each. Of course the Timex will cost way less than the depreciation of the Rolex.

I like my very old Casio... It does time zones (For travel), solar charging, and updates the time many times a day... Way more other things, that I don't use... I think about $60... I replaced it once about 20 yrs ago, just because it got beat up working construction... But it still worked fine, just ugly... Wear it showering swimming fishing all the time, except when I sleep... I was sitting in a jaccuzi at a resort in Jamacia, and a couple of guys where flashing there Rolexs and comparing prices they paid.. I waved my Casio, and spouted" 60 bucks"... Kinda ended the conversation...
Butch

I never heard of that happening with a Timex.
Back in the 50's, the band on my dad's Times broke while he was planting sweetcorn one April and in late June I discovered it will harvesting that corn. I took it to dad and he cleaned it up, replaced the band and wore it for quite a few more years. I never heard of that happening to a Rolex. :D

Would I pay a ton of money for a watch...No. But my loving wife bought me a Tag Aquaracer years ago. She thought my "Dress watch" needed a upgrade. Truth be told I love it and wear it ALL the time. It's on it's 3rd battery.

If you just want a watch to do it's basic function, a Timex or equivalent is perfectly sufficient. If you want to be flash and show off your wealth, you buy high end.

If you want to be flash and show off your wealth, you buy high end.
Lots of people buy very expensive watches that they never wear. Much like people collect coins they never spend or guns that have never been fired, etc.

I would never fire this one of mine (would drop in value to around half with a single shot, if any evidence of such):

VNComAR15.jpg

-Don- Reno, NV

I've got nothing against nice watches, that are mechanical marvels or as jewelry..... Just as i appreciate fine old cars, or new cars, for that matter... They can be status symbols too, or just something that someone appreciates as a finely made, or beautiful item....
Butch

No one has ever waved at my watch, however I do enjoy a friendly wave while driving my red MGB or the '82 Vett.

Back
Top Bottom