How old is too old for a vehicle to tow an RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im not so sure to say no. Loaded up its not that heavy or big loaded up it comes in at 7400lbs

If and its a big IF you packed carefully didnt carry water i think you would be close, i would say a little more research is in line.

I am towing with a 2002 Duramax with 115,000 miles. I have had it since new and believe it to be in good shape. Dont know how much longer it will last, but so far all is good.

If you have a reaaaaalllly old vehicle and are considering towing a trailer I think you should be MORE concerned about your own age and ability.

Vehicles either pull or don't, stop or don't, stay in one piece or don't... people on the other hand...

Every time I see "Too Old" I have to read the whole thing and decide if the subject is the driver or the hardware.
Well, I have decided that this is not about drivers and that is a relief as I am not even 75 yet and won't be for a while.
But, our coach is nearly 49 and shows 75K+ and has been rolled over once. The transmission is still tight and I had refresh the main engine last year when she broke a piston. Only been 5,000 miles since then. I am thinking she is not too old either. That is what she says when we head out on another excursion.
Matt

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom