How Things Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

I remember when I first got involved here, late 90's, back in the CompuServe Days.  Discussions on RV parks and 50 amp availability, availability of longer sites as folks RVs started being bigger.  There were whole threads on whether 50 amps was needed.  Like I said, late, like 97 or on. 

Members seemed to be moving from gas to diesel about that time, going from 35 to 40 and more feet.  Slideout discussions, they had been around for a bit but not as common as now.

Quartzsite was such a novel idea to us, 'they do what?'  Desert camping?  Now as a New England boy desert to me was Sahara, fine sand, mirages, oasis, but mainly just sand.  It was some years later I got to Quartzsite and discovered what desert is. 

Anyway, just some thoughts running thru my head recently.

What is a big change you have noticed?  FWIW, the first major purchase my wife and I made was for a used tent trailer in 1972.  Have had some sort of equipment ever since.

I agree, how things have changer.
Now is bigger coaches, bigger TVs, all the amenities of the S&Bs.
U don't have to get up to do any thing. Just boot up you tablet or IPad and turn every thing off and on.
And how did we ever live with out 50 amp service for our residential refrigerator.
I have more but I have to go answer my flip phone.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom