How to clean the pleated sliding room divider in the bedroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwdanby

My RV is a 2004, and the pleated sliding room divider has accumulated quite the collection of smells. I now have a friend here with asthma from allergies, who's reacting to it - puts his nose up to it and says yes, definitely. We've been scrubbing other things with natural stuff, but I can't figure out any way to scrub the divider. And I'm scared to take it down, since I have the dickens of a time re-hanging it. Also, almost all commercial cleaners are out, and so is vinegar. Looking for a magical combination of stuff like baking soda and ?? that I can just spray on the divider and it will magically be clean? Any advice welcome.

I have a handheld (shark?) pet odor carpet cleaner. You add solution to the reservoir, it sprays the stuff out and the (stationary) brush gently agitates and vacuums the water off.

I think I'd use that. There are also drapery cleaning units I've seen advertised on places like HSN or QVC.

I also have a 110V unit with an agitating brush that I use for upholstery and carpets in the cars.

Do not use vinegar as a cleaning agent unless you need to get rid of ants or bedbugs. Use something less fragrant. Lemon juice or citric acid mixed with water will work great. The smell of citrus is more pleasant than vinegar and disappears in 2-3 hours. You said that the screen smells terrible. Actually, the cleaning method depends on the screen material. Is it a metal or wooden screen? I assume that it is wooden because it perfectly absorbs odors. Then you should definitely use citric acid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom