How To for Setting Up a Home Base

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.

Jack and I want to use San Antonio, TX as our home base.  That includes medical stuff and anything else. Maybe even wintering there. We need to find a primary care physician, dentist, optometrist and a very good cardiologist in the San Antonio area. I have a repaired heart and Jack has cardiovascular concerns.  If you would like to make recommendations and/or warnings about  anyone or medical facilities in those medical fields in the San Antonio area, please post it here OR send us an email.

Any recommendations for RV parks for wintering in the San Antonio area?

Thank you,
Jack and Liz

Dear Liz & Jack,

I hope you've written Joe for his input. Have you checked out the Escapees park west of there to see if they've added sites that are BB compliant?

San Antoinio can get very cold in winter. The frost line is south of there as I remember. I never remember you saying you like frost and snow, however rare. The biggest snow that I remember was 13" in '87?

Bob Maxwell said:
San Antoinio can get very cold in winter.

It sure can. I think the coldest I've ever been was the winter we were in San Antonio. They had a nor'easter roar through and broke records for cold and their housing isn't exactly designed for cold weather.

Drove thru San Antonio New years Day, 1979, with ice 3 inches thick on the road and the trees looking like glass.  I was amazed and it can happen there!

My wife is a native Texan.  She would never be surprised by any sort of bad weather that would hit Texas.  Her family is Galveston.

1900 Galveston Hurricane prove to be the deadlist natural disaster in the history of the U.S. At that time with the population of 37,500, 8000 residents were dead by day's end and another 2,000 along the mainland died. The entire Galveston Island was covered in water.

Bob Maxwell said:
Dear Liz & Jack,

I hope you've written Joe for his input. Have you checked out the Escapees park west of there to see if they've added sites that are BB compliant?

San Antoinio can get very cold in winter. The frost line is south of there as I remember. I never remember you saying you like frost and snow, however rare. The biggest snow that I remember was 13" in '87?

Howdy, Bob.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have written Joe, over and over and over and over. STILL haven't received a reply. We have also left him messages on his phone, with the same result, NADA!! Very disappointing.<sigh>

We lived in SA for about 18 months. My rememberer is faulty!! I recall that we had a rainstorm with hail. Hmmm. No, that SKP park in Hondo is NOT BB compliant AKA heavy coach or rig. Anything over 20,000 lbs can NOT be accomodated with a full hookup site. GRRR.

We are having some more rain here in Fort Worth, TX. The temperature is about 70 degrees, a welcome change from the triple digits we were having.

Thanks again,
Liz

Wife's great great uncle was Benjamin Milam that many places and statues in San Antonio are named for.  So we've been there many times and between the possible severe heat in the summer and the severe cold in the winter, I like to stay as for away as possible.  But to each his own.  But thin I'm not too smart either, Spent 70 years in Illinois, 25 miles east of St Louis, MO.  Great place in summer and winter-------------------NOT.  Good luck on your choice of locations.

Back
Top Bottom