How would you like to drive this in the wind??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now, I saw something else interesting today, but I was not able to take a photo. I was on a three-lane road near York, England. By three-lanes, I mean a left forward lane, a middle right turn lane, and a right lane with traffic coming towards me. There was a big truck directly ahead of me in the same left-hand lane. We were traveling fairly slowly, but suddenly, the truck ahead of me and in the same lane, made a u-turn in that narrow space.

It is hard to describe, but somehow the cab swiveled around so it was almost pointing backwards. I had thought he was moving into the center turn lane, so I was almost next to him when he was in the middle of turning the big truck around in an impossibly narrow space.

Before I knew it, he was completely facing the opposite direction!! There had to be something different in how the trailer was connected to the cab. Has anyone ever seen anything like this???? I swear that this looked like a regular semi-truck but with a swiveling cab of some sort.

Although I lived 32 years in South Wales, UK, I wouldn't attempt to drive a car, let alone an RV or truck/lorry, down this road in The Mumbles, South Wales. We were walking that day.

Attachments

• Mumbles.JPG
    Mumbles.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 10
All I know is that I was told that these oysters were shipped all over the world via air. I was also told that an expensive golf club sent their members over there for dinner via helicopters, although that sounds really iffy.

That trailer appears to be very close to what we have in the U.S.A., called furniture van trailers. They have a double-drop frame with a low floor, so they may carry much more furniture while remaining at the standard 13'6" height limit. Weight is not usually an issue, so most have a single trailer axle.

Back
Top Bottom