Howard & Linda have joined.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Howard

Hi everyone!

My name is Howard and my wife Linda and I are soon-to-be full-timers.

We are a little crazy since we have no RVing experience, but we have done lots of research and can't wait to get on the road in August 2005.

We are in our early forties and have decided to walk away from the high stress jobs and the money that goes with them for a simpler life.

We would love to hear from those that have done the same.? Look forward to chatting with you!

Hi Howard & Linda,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Sam & I are fulltimers as ar many other folks on the form. Please feel free to ask questions, take part in the discussions, or start discussions.  There is a wealth of experience available here.

Where are you from?  Have you purchased your RV yet and if so please upload a photo.  If you haven't yet purchased an RV and have any questions pleas ask.

Hi Howard & Linda,

Welcome to the forum. My wife, Pat, and I have been full timers for 8 years. We were a little older than you when we started. ;D This forum was one of the first places I found when we started thinking about RVing. Been here close to 10 years, I think. It's a great place for gathering information about the RV lifestyle, whether it be part time or full time. You will find answers to all of your questions here!

Hi Ron & Jim,

We are from and currently live in Louisville, KY.

We have ordered our rig, but it has not come in yet.  Should be in any day now.

We ordered the new Keystone Cambridge fifth wheel and we have a Ford F450 on order as well.

The Cambridge is so new, they still don't have a full color brochure yet and just recently got it added to the Keystone website.  We were so impressed with it and the initial price offering at its first RV show, we could not pass it up.

Thanks for the welcome.  Talk to you soon.

Sounds like a nice rig.  That Ford 450 should do a great job oulling it.  When your new 5th wheel is delivered please let us know and upload a photo.  Hope you enjoy the forum.

Howard,

I'll bet you're a tad more than excited! ;D I know we were when we got our first rig. We have a 2000 40' American Dream with one slide. It sure works great for us.

We used to live in CT but decided to bail out once we retired. We now own an RV lot at The Great Outdoors in Titusville, FL. We try to alternate winters between Florida and Arizona. This is our Arizona year. We sure picked a good one to be out here. Since they had so much rain the flowers have been fabulous. I don't think we'll see this again for several years. We will be heading to the forum rally in Moab after a side trip to Junction City, OR. If you can get to one of the Moab rallies I gurantee you'll enjoy it. Usually there are quite a few off road trips which are really fun. Even those without a 4X4 can usually find a ride with one of us.

Howard and Linda,

Congratulations on your decision to exit the rat race  ;D.  We're very pleased to see that you have found us and hope that you will make this a regular stop in your on-line time.  We have plenty of members with lots of experience who will be glad to help you with answers to questions regarding full-timing or RVing in general.

Hey guys,

Thanks to all for the welcome.? I am trying to do so much research on various sites and forums I am having trouble keeping track of where I have been.

Quick question.

Most forums request that members do not promote commercial websites.? I have been working on a website (don't know if it would be considered commercial or not) that might be helpful to some of your newcomers regarding full-timing.? But I don't want to do anything here that would be frowned upon.

So, is it okay to include my website address in my Signature - like below?? And can I mention it occasionally where I think it might help some members?  Sure I hope to use the site to generate a little income as we go on the road, but it is not one that I think will irritate anyone.  The site is still under construction, so it's not perfect - well just let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Howard

Having the URL of your web site in your sig line is just fine, and a number of our members do that. It's quite unobtrusive. I briefly checked out your site and see no reason you shouldn't mention it in an occasional message if it helps brings some additional information to the discussion. Of course, we'd prefer the additional information be posted right here, but I see no issue with you referencing your web site where that's appropriate.

Hope that's what you were looking for. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Back
Top Bottom