Howdy!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
F

Frizlefrak

Greetings folks, another noob with his first post.? I belong to several car forums, but for some reason never thought to join an RV forum.? Great looking forum here!

The wife and I have been into TT's for about 15 years now, and have owned 2.? First was an old but well kept Kit Road Ranger we bought when we were first married.? Kept it until 2 years ago until a bad hailstorm beat it to smithereens and insurance paid a total loss on it.? Sold it and went camperless for about 6 months, and decided we wanted a fiver.?

Fate sort of intervened next.? A co-worker told me an old friend of his has passed away, and his wife was selling off their 21' Coachmen fiver.? It was a 1993 model, so it was 10 years old, and she wanted $3000.? I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but I was shocked at how well kept it was.....like right out of a time machine.? I wrote her a check on the spot.?

She then asked me if I wanted a truck to pull it with.? I told her I already had a pickup, but asked her what it was.? She told me it was an F250.....a 1989 F250, and she wanted $5K for the truck.? Again, I wasn't expecting much.? Again, I was wrong.? Turned out to be a 1989 F250 XLT Lariat, 460 EFI, fully loaded, with 36K miles on it.? Yes, 36K orginal miles, and garage kept.? It still looked and even smelled new.? I peeled off another check, and away I went.? Anyway, had them for two years now and love them both.

I'm 41, and the wife and I both work, so we don't get away as often as we'd like.? But we do use the fiver every chance we do get, and have learned a lot about it.....some the easy way, some the hard....such as how much fun it is to change a broken drain valve on the black tank when it's nearly full......The wife finally suggested driving it onto a incline where the....uh...contents would go to one side and I could change it without getting terribly dirty....:D

Anyhow, sorry to be so long winded on the first post.? I'm sure I'll be hitting up the veterans for advice now and then.? Cheers!!

Welcome to our friendly forum. Glad you found us and decided to say hi. Sounds like you had a couple of good finds with the 5W and truck.

Feel free to ask any quaestions and join in any of the discussions.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Sounds like you got a nice rig for a nice price.  Please join in any of the ongoing discussions or start new discussions relating to the RVing lifestyle.  Lots of RVing experience among the Framily so ask any questions you might have.
Looking forward to meeting you.

Frizlefrak said:
? But we do use the fiver every chance we do get, and have learned a lot about it.....some the easy way, some the hard....such as how much fun it is to change a broken drain valve on the black tank when it's nearly full......The wife finally suggested driving it onto a incline where the....uh...contents would go to one side and I could change it without getting terribly dirty....:D

I just love hearing stories of how people learned lessons the hard way.? It gives me a chuckle and? hopefully a lesson on how NOT to do things if I should have the same situation? ?Also it makes me feel like we are not the only ones who experience "challenges" in the RV process.? I especially like the part where the wife's suggestion actually worked.? On this Forum we? give awards at our rallies for those? who do funny, strange or just plain stupid things.? We are all? glad it was not us, so we have to laugh about it as laughter is such good medicine.

Betty Brewer

Back
Top Bottom