Huey Pilot still saving people! (Bill Waugh)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
So here I am in Lake Havasu working on the remodel, living in the RV in the driveway.  The first and most important job Diane gave me was getting way to dump tanks here as taking the RV to dump every few days was out of the question. 

So I bought a Roto Hammer/Chipping gun and started digging. After 2 days I managed to locate the sewer clean out in the front of the house. But the issue now was that the sewer clean out is about 60' away, and elevated about 8' higher than the driveway level. 

Bill supplied me with a "Sani Con" sewer macerator from Thetford.  I was always skeptical about the claims that Thetford made about the ability of the macerator to pump sewage uphill successfully.  So he brought it over and I hooked it up, and viola!

While it takes a few minutes to empty each holding tank (a 50 gallon black and 70 gallon gray) it gets the job done.  So now I can continue to work the remodel, and one of the next up is going to be adding a 50 amp service to power the RV.  We have been using the 30 amp outlet I swapped over from the converted welder plug. While it does work well, the on board Auto Gen Start (AGS) has had to kick in several times to keep us running, usually while we are gone somewhere and not monitoring the Magnum display for Amps being used. 

Bill is a wonderfully generous guy, if you are ever in the Lake Havasu area, stop in (he has made an open invitation) and say hi.

Now you are making me sound like Mother Teresa.

I actually got something neat out of the deal.

Marty is remodeling and replacing all his appliances.  I got a stackable washer Dryer from him.  So Kelly, (Renae's daughter) now has her own laundramat in the RV garage.

Kelly has kind of inherited my DP as her apartment in our side parking site.

I tapped off the garage subpanel for the electricity.  I installed a dryer vent with a flapper in the back wall.  I got the water and drain from the inside RV hookup just to the right of the table for folding clothes.

The last two picture are just for fun.  I walked out after installing the washer/dryer and this is what I saw.

Attachments

• r20190630_104756.jpg
    r20190630_104756.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 73
  • r20190630_104909.jpg
    r20190630_104909.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 72
  • r20190628_175011_001.jpg
    r20190628_175011_001.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 64
  • r20190630_104909.jpg
    r20190630_104909.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 66
  • r20190629_200420.jpg
    r20190629_200420.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 64
  • r20190629_200431.jpg
    r20190629_200431.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 57
Bill Waugh is certainly NOT Mother Teresa,, I've never seen him wear a scarf or a shawl . ( And she was better looking) ;D

Larry N. said:
Beautiful skies, Bill. Was that a "white balance" change between shots?

Those pictures were about 2 minutes apart. 

The gold one was from the sun still lighting up the clouds from below and then as it dropped below the horizon the purple took over.

We often get some great sunsets out here in the west.

I have a Flo-Jet. as I understand the motor is the same for both Flo-Jet and SanCon.

Mine is a "portable" which of course means I can choose to use it or not. I have done a couple of up-hills and a few "long way to pumps" and .. Happy is the word I'd use.

As you said takes a while but gets 'er done

And a $60 cheapie in-sink garbage disposal will do the same job as a Macerator if you're on a budget or only need it for a temporary setup.  Just adapt inlet to a dump valve fitting (maybe via a short length of sewer hose) and connect the garden hose to the outlet.  Of course, you need 120 volts to run it.

Geeze Bill, I remember when you could get your DP into that shop. 
Reminds me of my shop at home after I closed my restoration business and brought all my shop tools as well as my work tool box home.  Could hardly get a car in to work on it after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom