Huge shower upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

signcut

So I made the first real 'change' to the 5W, changing out the shower head (LED bulbs and cleaning don't count!). I don't know what brand was being used before, but the water stream was pretty lame, and I spent years in the Army taking baths out of buckets! I asked around, and Oxygenics was the brand I kept hearing about. The results are pretty amazing, practically night and day; I can honestly say that if there is anyone thinking about a change, it may be some of the best $35 or so you spend...

(In the next month or so, I'm planning on tearing out the stairs and making new ones, followed by new flooring on the lower part; I'll put those in the Remodeling section, where they'll belong, but I just wanted to throw this one in here, so newcomers like me see it.)

Bought one of those for our '85 coach when the original broke.  When we upgraded to the Bounder, that shower head was the first thing that made the trip from the old coach to the new one.

I did the oxy upgrade while I was stuck in GA and actually using my shower (normally I use the park's due to long hot shower. Way bigger shower, and other features of the park handicapped shower I really appreciate).

But where i was stuck in GA it was so hot and muggy this time of year I needed another shower by the time I got back to the RV to change into "Sunday go to meeting" cloths.. So I cleared out and used the RV's shower.  With an Oxygenics head it was indeed an improvement. 

NOTE that the Oxy head is a 2GPM head. just like the one it replaced.. But the design makes it "more effective" kind of like a 3GPM head for water consumption of a 2.  NICE.

I used to call my old shower head the "dribble shower."  The Oxygenics really does make a difference.  Bought one for my son and his trailer, and his wife told me recently, it made a big difference to them also. 

I installed the Oxy head two years ago. A friend who has a TT asked how I liked it while he was visiting the coach and I told him to turn it on. He was amazed at the power after having lived with his standard head for several years.

Back
Top Bottom