Hurricane Sandy vs Jayco 32 bhds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jairazona

:'( Well With a sad heart.... our Jayco 32bhds did not survive Sandy's Rath. I am waiting for our insurance company to get back to us as to what they need me to do and what steps to take next... Has anybody gone thru something like this...

No, but my heart goes out to you.  So sorry you had to go through this.  Hope your insurance comes through for you.

Yep, that's the important thing.  The rest is just stuff.  Still, it's a major disruption in your life.  I can't begin to imagine what everyone in the affected area is going through.

I'm glad to hear your family is OK. I hope that your TT is all that was lost.

I watched it on TV and I can't even imagine what those people who lost almost everything are going through. To have everything that you work your whole live for, some of which is irreplaceable, vanish in the blink of an eye.

I know that a lot of things are replaceable including the house and one should be glad that they are still alive but to most a house is not just a house. It is your home. It is who you are and what you have put together and worked for all your life.

Some of the older generation no longer have enough time to start all over again. What they had is gone forever.

My heart goes out to them.

So sad to hear that! Glad to hear your family is alright!

-Roni

So glad to hear you're okay!  I live in South Louisiana and know exactly what y'all are going through... the damage and devastation... heartbreaking!  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone who has been affected by Sandy. 

Its a real mess.... our house has some damage but nothing I cant repair... we have friends who have lost it all, neighborhoods wiped off the map... the smell is pretty bad... Gas is very hard to come by to run the generators & vehicles...  we were luckly enough to have our power restored this week. thank god cause the house was getting to be around 40 degrees at night...

I'm in the same situation. My 97 Jayco Designer Series is a total loss. I keep it on a seasonal site which now looks like a logging camp. 4 campers are total losses and around 40 have some type of damage. I reported the damage on Tuesday right after the campground manager notified me. I went there today to take pictures and found it to be worse than expected. The tree that hit the trailer was a double trunked tree. It hit at an angle smashing the kitchen. Words can't begin to describe it. The root ball is more than 6 foot tall. There is a small pool of water where it used to be in the ground. When it fell it took out several other huge trees creating several ponds. Our site will be looking completely different when its all finally cleaned up. Its going to be difficult to find another trailer in as good a shape as this one. My campground manager said the insurance company will buy the camper from me and will also arrange to have it removed. It will be a couple of months until the campground can reopen due to all the downed trees and wires.  :(

I'm in the same situation. My 97 Jayco Designer Series is a total loss.

Sorry to hear that. We hope you'll find what you need at a good price.

-Trevor & Roni

sandyb53 said:
I'm in the same situation. My 97 Jayco Designer Series is a total loss. I keep it on a seasonal site which now looks like a logging camp. 4 campers are total losses and around 40 have some type of damage. I reported the damage on Tuesday right after the campground manager notified me. I went there today to take pictures and found it to be worse than expected. The tree that hit the trailer was a double trunked tree. It hit at an angle smashing the kitchen. Words can't begin to describe it. The root ball is more than 6 foot tall. There is a small pool of water where it used to be in the ground. When it fell it took out several other huge trees creating several ponds. Our site will be looking completely different when its all finally cleaned up. Its going to be difficult to find another trailer in as good a shape as this one. My campground manager said the insurance company will buy the camper from me and will also arrange to have it removed. It will be a couple of months until the campground can reopen due to all the downed trees and wires.  :(

whats the campground??? I think we might be in the same spot!

So sorry for all your losses,the insurance adjusters are working 24/7 to file these claims be kind to them my daughter and son in law are in New York and are slammed with work they will miss holidays with their family's to help you all out.they have been away since may working storms and are really tired so understand they are going as fast as they can.

It is devastating to lose everything to destruction. However I lost it all to injuries when I was in my mid thirties. I think it was worse parting with items that were still in excellent condition. After that happened; decided that I only needed enough to get by on. That is just me however.
  If people make it through it with their lives, then that is the true blessing. Know about being grateful to be alive because I survived the severest type of heart attack at the age of 60. Irover

Back
Top Bottom