Hurricane/Tropical storm Nicholas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solarman

The storm eye passed directly over me, that was an eerie experience ! not the first time but it still perturbs me.
power was out for a while, trees and brush around me took the brunt of the wind, have minor damage but got off light this time. gained "lake front property" status.. I have a good size lake now, oh, and the frogs .. what a noise .. LOL

I agree it is eerie, though thankfully this was a minimal cat 1 at landfall, last year the eye of Laura went over our house about 80 miles inland when the eye was still 15-20 miles across as a strong cat 3 / minimal cat 4 with 130 mph winds (was a strong Cat 4 at landfall 1mph short of Cat 5). Hours of sheltering in the house listening to wind blown stuff thunk off the walls and roof, as well has the sounds of large trees around the house snapping and falling to the ground with a loud thunk, then over the course of a few minutes it dropped down to relatively calm, more like a breezy day, giving me time to go out on my front porch with a flashlight and survey the damage, see if all the cars were still ok (most were, but my old F250 pickup truck was pinned in by a fallen oak tree (only damage was tail gate and another ding in the bed rail). Then a few minutes later back to 130 mph winds for several hours when the back side of the eyewall hit.

We are in Rockport, about ~160 miles SW of Houston and we were very happy that the storm stayed offshore. Being on the West side of the eye we had only occasional rain and even some sunshine by Monday afternoon. Today was mostly sunny and hot. After what Harvey did to Rockport four years ago, we're quite happy about being spared this time.

We are in Rockport, about ~160 miles SW of Houston and we were very happy that the storm stayed offshore. Being on the West side of the eye we had only occasional rain and even some sunshine by Monday afternoon. Today was mostly sunny and hot. After what Harvey did to Rockport four years ago, we're quite happy about being spared this time.
yes, I know it, my wife and I used to travel through on occasion on the way to her sisters house in port Aransas.

the storm hit us with the "dirty" side and we had over 10 inches of rainfall.. the creek that runs through the property turned into a lake and the frogs were in paradise.. I guess the only saving grace is that the waters washed away the mosquitoes, sadly though the next batch will spawn from the pooling left over.. better stock up on more bug spray..!!

It has been raining here in SW Louisiana since about noon today, never anything too heavy, but it just keeps going and going and going

I agree it is eerie, though thankfully this was a minimal cat 1 at landfall, last year the eye of Laura went over our house about 80 miles inland when the eye was still 15-20 miles across
only 15-20 miles across.. LOL.. I'm still amazed at how large these storms become!

as a strong cat 3 / minimal cat 4 with 130 mph winds (was a strong Cat 4 at landfall 1mph short of Cat 5). Hours of sheltering in the house listening to wind blown stuff thunk off the walls and roof, as well has the sounds of large trees around the house snapping and falling to the ground with a loud thunk, then over the course of a few minutes it dropped down to relatively calm, more like a breezy day, giving me time to go out on my front porch with a flashlight and survey the damage, see if all the cars were still ok (most were, but my old F250 pickup truck was pinned in by a fallen oak tree (only damage was tail gate and another ding in the bed rail). Then a few minutes later back to 130 mph winds for several hours when the back side of the eyewall hit

Back
Top Bottom