HWH 625S series jack troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charger1204

Okay... I've searched a lot of threads in regards to the HWH systems but most pertain to the slow retraction problem, so here we go...
I parked the 2011 Vista 26p, and put the jacks down...or so I thought. When I went back to move the RV a week later so that I could plug it in to shore power...the jacks would not retract, not just one but all! I noticed that the generator wouldn't start either which meant that I had let the batteries sit too long without having a charge maintained. Okay, that must be the problem with the jacks?!, So I start to manually retract the jacks only to discover that the two front jacks never did go all the way to the ground when I initially deployed them. So I manually retract them and the right rear release valve 1/4" nut freely spins without actually turning anything internally.
Now, why didn't the front jacks go all the way down upon initial deployment and how am I going to get the RR jack to retract so I can move the RV? Is the service and replacement of release valves and such a project that I can do myself? or is this one of those projects that has to be done by a service tech? Of course, any and all replies and advice is appreciated greatly.
Thanks, Brad

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

They work in pairs. When you deploy them once on hits the ground and hits resistance the second in the pair will go down until it hits equal resistance. I would try to put them all down and level the rig and then bring them up again.

John C... I followed the instructions in my Supplemental Owners Manual that said to turn the 1/4" nut on the end of the release valve counterclockwise until it started to allow fluid to flow back in the reservoir, thereby allowing the springs to retract the jack.

Other than what John said about the jacks going down in pairs, I'm confused about your problem. It the issue the release nut on one jack just spins and doesn't do anything?

Well that and the fact that nothing will work now. Can't get anything to operate at all. The jacks that I was able to get retracted won't extend now and the remaining jack won't retract or extend more than where it already is, just stuck where it is. Where should I start?

Call Paul Maddox at this number 602-549-3638. He does troubleshooting for HWH.  If he doesnt answer, leave a message, and he will get back to you asap. 

UPDATE:
I'm one of those people that wants to know everything about how something works, so before I called HWH, I decided to download the trouble shooting guide for my particular system, ALL 40 PAGES!!!!. I began to read the document and discovered that this company was very thorough with their trouble shooting guides. I discovered what I believe to be my issue on about page 10. After crawling under the rv to look at the system, which was completely covered in rust and corrosion, I discovered that according to the very detailed document, I had a power issue, specifically the relay for the pump and the other relay. The connections were so rusty that the nuts holding the wires on all the posts were almost completely gone! I believe that the previous owners lived near or at least spent a lot of time near the beach, and just never rinsed the under carriage off. I'm going to order the appropriate parts and begin with that. I will eventually have to replace all the lines because of the corrosion but it will work for the time being. I was just happy that the guide did not indicate that I would have to order a new control panel which is close to $800,00. I will post again to update after replacing the parts in hopes that this will help others. I would strongly suggest that if you have at least a basic understanding of how to read a schematic drawing, you download every document for every system that is available. There is a lot of free knowledge available if you just look. Thanks to all who gave advice...LOVE THIS FORUM!!!
Brad

Indeed, well done  :)). The corrosion/rust issue also could be due to driving the unit in winter weather and not spraying down the chassis to get rid of the salt or whatever they used on those roads.

One of the huge advantages of owning a Winnebago product is the plethora of parts lists, plumbing and wiring diagrams on-line, previous model owner manuals, etc., etc. Since I'm an avid DIY-type this weighed heavily in our choice of the Horizon.

If you haven't done so, download and print out all of your wiring and plumbing diagrams and keep in a drawer somewhere, they might come in handy for troubleshooting somewhere you don't have Internet. On my RV web page (link in my signature) I have service manuals for several RV things (Norcold, A&E awning, etc.)

I used to keep printed copies of every thing, but it tied up too much valuable storage space. Every thing is now on a disk drive or DVD and also in Cloud Storage. Some things are on dedicated Tablets. Always several ways to print in the motor home without Internet.

I personally love a printed copy, call me old fashion or whatever but I just like having something that I can flip back to and hold in my hand without having to power something up. I guess that's why I still get magazine subscriptions and still but hard copy books. I tried that whole e-reader stuff and just don't like it. On my old coach, I had hard copies of every wiring, plumbing and construction schematic I could get. I learned a lot about how some manufacturers change things and don't put it on paper or give an explanation of why. It's hard to carry a laptop or tablet under a coach or into a small space, printed copy I can fold into my pocket and not freak out if it gets soaked in hydraulic fluid or covered in grease!

Like John I store lots of documents electronically but I'm with you, I like paper for many situations. When I was troubleshooting a plumbing problem on our Horizon, I used a couple of different color highlighters to trace out the lines of interest, it really helped me to decipher the plumbing.

I do print out sections I need. I didn't think I would like ebooks either, but now I can't see going back to books and magazines. I have my entire library with me wherever I go. I find I can use my Pixel 2 XL phone for just about every thing and it goes wherever I go, even under the motor home. It is indispensable for taking as is pictures and reassembly.

Well......The connections on the pump and relays are so corroded that when I attempted to remove the connection from the pump relay to the pump, it snapped the stud off :-[. Now there is no way to connect the wire back to the motor. If I attempt to turn the remaining nut that is on the remaining part of the stud, it starts to turn the stud as well. Am I screwed out of a pump now as well? Any ideas from anyone more informed?

And on a side note...I have a set of 4 7500lb scissor jacks, couldn't I use those to stabilze my rv for the time being until I get my leveling system repaired? Has anyone here had experience with that type of situation/

Can you pull the motor (or motor/pump?) It might be possible to get it repaired or maybe you can find a part number on the motor. I think the scissor jack idea would work fine, good idea.

I'm going to try and see how the motor is connected to the tank assembly and see if I can pull it...THE WEATHER HERE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!! Has rained everyday for the last month in the evening and at night. I can't get anything done outside and haven't been camping for over a month and a half ARGHHHHH!!!!!

if your batteries went dead reset the system once the batteries are recharged remove the control panel and remove the two plugs on the back wait one minute and reassemble should work than when the batteries are replaced or lose there charge the system must be reset

Back
Top Bottom