HWH Air & Hydraulic Leveling systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thead10

I have a 91' 38' Monaco Beaver Contessa with a totally jacked up computer controlled leveling system that has a mind of it's own, to be able to bypass the computer for the jacks & air ride, would be ideal, HWH's claim to fame is that since the computer controls the entire system, air & hyd there is less damage that can be done by the simple operator, that's great when the system is 100% but what about when it goes mad and strand you in the middle of nowhere with a jack or two buried in the dirt, or it decides to fill the air bags on only 1 end of the coach, any and all input will be appreciated. it's my first time in a forum so be kind if I screw up something.

Hi Thead10. Welcome to the forum.
It would help if you could describe your problem in separate cohesive sentences. Trying to read your rant is like chasing a mouse around trying to catch it with one finger. In other words, it doesn't make sense to me.

Hi thread10 and welcome.  That run-on sentence is indeed hard to comprehend, but I think I have the picture.  Not sure what you want help with, though. We would need a more thoughtful description of when & how things go wrong, and some history as well. Has the leveling system always worked that way, and how long have you had it?  Also, can you identify the model of HWH system in use?

If the controller is causing the problems, maybe you need a new one, but its probably obsolete by now.

Gary, as far as I can tell I have a HWH 600 leveling system, Air + Hyd (w) 9k kickdown jacks. it worked perfectly when I purchased coach 6 yrs ago. I have sat with jacks down for the majority of this time `the few times I have moved it the system cycled fine, air & hyd. Then it started getting quirky & giving a low battery light. HWH told me to check the power at the pump and it was fine, next it started getting out of synch, side to side & front to back. An would not respond to manual input at all, and yes Gary the pc o crap ecm/computer is obsolete. It doesn't  have a main reset, There should have been a way to lock out the computer and make all functions manual but that's not an option, If I could simply wire the sys with a bank of on/off & momentary switches I'd be pleased as punch. I've collected a bunch of HWH wiring diagrams & tech manuals but it seems I still come up at a loss for my specific wiring. after poking around in the ecm I did find the wires to retract the jacks & also to energize the pump. Im hoping someone has gone thru my sort of situation and could throw in a lil more info

OK, I've found the raise/travel/lower wires for the front as well as the rear. within the ecm,. an can activate all by applying 12v to the solenoids, the coach isn't exact level but I would assume that adj. would be up to the individual front rear axle levelers? I've also located the Hyd jack pump on wires, an what I would assume is the individual  pressure solenoids, but have as of yet attempted to deploy them. so far everything reacts like normal it's just that the damn ecm won't cooperate, the dispay is showing the right rear jack down, yet its up, could this erroneous signal be screwing up the whole setup?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom