HWH problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wrinkles

07 adv. 38t engine running,park brake set pushed auto level, rear Jack's leveled unit front Jack's came down within two inches of ground and stopped. Any ideas?

Have you checked the HWH fluid level? (You probably need to check the level with jacks up and slides retracted - see your HWH manual.) Does the pump motor stop? Have you noticed any leaks?

There's a possibility the control box is bad but you need to eliminate everything else - the box is about $800.

Hi John the pump stops when front Jack's are two in from ground. Have not checked fluid level but will.No leaks

During the leveling process in our Tour, it's not unusual for one of our rear HWH jacks to not go all the way down, especially if the coach was close to level to begin with. During the auto-level process, the jacks come down in a sequence, and once it senses that the coach is level, it stops leveling. If one jack hasn't touched down, it just hangs there, usually a couple inches off the ground. I don't like it, because the jacks not only level the coach, they also help stabilize it

I'm not positive, but I think that's normal for the HWH auto-level system, because it doesn't just occur with one jack, it happens with either of my rear jacks. It never happens when the coach needs a lot of leveling. I recently replaced the hydraulic fluid (just because it was seven years old) and it made no difference at all. 

Kev

My auto level will extend all jacks and then cycle through each jack until I assume a certain pressure is reached, then it shuts off. Unfortunately I think his control box is wonky (technical term for broken  :p .)

Hi John and Kevin I checked fluid level was good, I do not have a level spot on my property so will try elsewhere to see if it helps. I can use manual to finish leveling but that is not the way it is suppose to work. If all fails will check with HWH and thank you both for the insight.

A follow up to my problem, I bought this 07 adv. 38t late last fall so still new to me. My drive is very uneven so I drove to a flat area and pushed auto level and all worked as it should. My driveway is too steep,glad I didn't  have to bring it in. Thanks again for support.

Most excellent  :)) The automatic version supposedly has an Excess Slope indicator but mine has never worked - the jacks extend all the way and then give up if we're in a situation like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom