Hybrid Campers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Apex Nano 20x is just like the shamrock and roo i looked at. Except one axle instead of two, no oven, but has Azdel.

I love the camper industry....

The Apex Nano is their only "Expandable" that they have. The 15x and 20x are the only options and they are exactly like the shamrock and roo except it is 1 axle instead of 2 and they dont have an oven. The only plus side is the Azdel composite panels.

Do you plan to stay in hookup campgrounds most of the time? If so there are countertop toaster ovens that can manage a 9x13 pan just fine. I use one on big holiday cooking sprees at home, and it works just fine. Just read the reviews carefully to find a good one.

Thank you Gary for finding some more, I had just found the Jayco one, are they a good brand? It seems like they take some extra steps. And they have a few options that would suit me.

And yes I plan on staying on sites with electrical. Mostly state parks and things like that. I like camping but I do like my comforts. Also the toaster oven is a great idea! Thank you for the suggestion!

Thanks,

vaughisa000 said:
The Apex Nano is their only "Expandable" that they have. The 15x and 20x are the only options and they are exactly like the shamrock and roo except it is 1 axle instead of 2 and they dont have an oven. The only plus side is the Azdel composite panels.
Merged from another post..

I had just found the Jayco one, are they a good brand? It seems like they take some extra steps. And they have a few options that would suit me.
Years back I would have said yes, but more recent reports here suggest that Jayco is just another one of the herd.  And now they have merged into Thor, which does a lot of shared manufacturing across their many brand names.  Thor brands often end up looking like they were stamped out with the same cookie cutter.

One of our daughters got tired of her hybrid getting too cool on cold nights and damp on rainy days, so last fall she sold it and bought an A-frame pop-up. The few times she got to use it before winter set in, she was really pleased with the ease of setup and comfort. It has a hard sided dormer, a wet bath, a large external storage bin, and sleeps four.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Years back I would have said yes, but more recent reports here suggest that Jayco is just another one of the herd.  And now they have merged into Thor, which does a lot of shared manufacturing across their many brand names.  Thor brands often end up looking like they were stamped out with the same cookie cutter.

Is there any hybrids that are not just "part of the herd" I am getting tired of just seeing the same package in different wrapping. It seems Airstream is like the one good brand left and they are wwwwaaaaaayyy out of my price range.

Thank you,

Not an expert, however from reading lots of posts here, I think the RV business is pretty much seen up by a few large companies therefore it's likely there won't be many.

Ard you looking at very old stuff? If I recall the changes in ownership started after the 2008 crash, someone might correct me on this, so maybe pre 2008 might offer what you are looking for.

In a given price range you are going to find pretty much the same construction and level of quality (design, components and build). Since small trailers are purchased mostly by budget-conscious buyers who use the rig only occasionally, the vast majority of them are targeted at those buyers and thus much the same.  Only a very few companies manage to survive building for a higher-priced niche, e.g. Airstream.    You might look at Lance, Oliver, Scamp and Northwood to see if they have anything that may suit you.

Willowflowage said:
I love mine but my wife complains about having to make the bed every time we park. I now make the bed

Haha. As soon as my wife finds employment again, we are going to go buy a hybrid. I can over research all I want. But with my current vehicle loadout, and budget, hybrids are my best bet. I just need a good first camper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom