Hybrid traditional boat build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh don't sweat the little stuff. As we say in the boating community in particular when we run aground, be patient, time and tide takes care of everything. That's where I am at. So lets just keep this thread on the fun stuff. But FWIW I have already built a camper boat. And it had everything I needed , including a small generator in it. I traveled from Maine, the Chesepeake Bay and to the Florida Keys on a trailer too and its been beat up on the highway and in the BIG test tank called the washing machine, the ocean. Yes its built to the lightest specs using quality materials and runs on half the hp that's needed for a typical production fiberglass hull in a similar length. While I do not have an engineering degree with some of that fancy wallpaper, life has given me a phd in common sense .  I have  fixed blue suit engineers crap all my life with my hands. Don't feed me a load of manure and blow me off.  :mad: :mad:

Attachments

• boat camper.jpg
    boat camper.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 28
  • output001001.jpg
    output001001.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 27
BA, Very nice work. 

Did not mean to poke the bear.  My apologies. 

Just a failed attempt at some dry humor.

JD

X-Roughneck said:
BA, Very nice work. 

Did not mean to poke the bear.  My apologies. 

Just a failed attempt at some dry humor.

JD
I am cool. I just find myself at a dead end street. Of course under normal conditions I may have already witnessed a different outcome. So I look at things from that angle and give people the benefit of the doubt. As I say life goes on. Dwelling on things we have no control over just gives you ulcers  and wrinkles. To date my cup is running over with wrinkles, which is not near as dangerous as ulcers you know.  8) Now to do some artistic work with my dear friend Mr. Porter Cable  at break neck angle speeds of 12,000 rpm.. :))

No Brother, I was wrong. 

I was not trying to make fun of what I know is real pain and aggravating topic for you.

Sorry is all I can say.

I will leave it at that.

John

I was lucky today and made lots of sanding dust. I got all my chine logs glued up and sanded the faces. Then I had to plane my angles on the keel and the top edge of the chines. I use a block plane, power plane and the finish them off with my grinder, which cleans and trues up the surface.  I use a straight edge to check the angles . My next step will be to make the templates for the chine planking which will be on the sides of course.

Attachments

• DSC00200.JPG
    DSC00200.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 26
Nice touch using the level, I had to smile at that one. It's a good straight edge.

Well a productive day, fitted the first set of planks, now the joints needs to be scarfed and glued together.

Attachments

• DSC00210.JPG
    DSC00210.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 20
Well I have the bottom planking fitted and one side has its scarf joints cut and ready for glue. The overlap ends gets sanded down and they get glued together.

Attachments

• DSC00379.JPG
    DSC00379.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00376.JPG
    DSC00376.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero