Hydraulic Jacks Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bcook

Help - I bought this unit in August 2012 (it only has 14,000 miles) and having problems with the Hydraulic jacks not going up and down correctly.  I have only tried spraying a lubricant on them when down.  The drivers side front does not go down automatically, (have to do manually) and the rear jacks go up so slow it is awful (the passenger one takes minutes and sometimes even have to put down again to get it up)! 
I sold my 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U in August 2012 with 42,000 miles after I bought this one and never had this problem. 
Can anyone shed any light on what to do?
Thanks, Bob

Bob-

I probably don't have the answers you need, but a couple of questions that may help those who do:

1)  What make and model is "this unit"?
2)  What brand of jacks? (HWH, Powergear?)
3)  When you say "down", I presume you mean "extended" (thereby raising the coach).  If so, how do you "manually" extend the drivers side front jack?  Do you mean individually extend that one, while the others activate via one-touch button?  If so, that may mean a controller problem rather than a hydraulics problem.

FWIW, here is a thread I started with somewhat similar problems:  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=56460.msg535766#msg535766 

Sorry it took so long to reply. 
My motor home is a Winnebago Adventurer 35V.
Yes, to do down or extend to raise the M H.
Jacks are hydraulic, not sure of brand - brought it to dealer on Sunday to have them look at problem.
Yes, individual extend the driverside by manual button/arrow on dash.
I have personally sprayed some silicone lubricant on them and that did NOT help with mine.
Thanks, Bob

Bob, you don't say how old the rig is, but some of what you describe sounds like weak jack return springs.  If you crawl under the rig, also check the seals where the jack tubes retract into.  They can get caked with dirt and grime and prevent the jacks from retracting smoothly. 

If all else fails, lift the step and crack open the valve that controls the fluid return on the top of each jack solenoid.  It sounds like a HWH system from your description. 

I had the same problem with my 2005 Adventurer. The dealer replaced a shuttle valve and all 4 solenoid valves. HWH maker of the levelers said they now use a different solenoid valve. Hope the info helps. Maybe you can call HWH they have a tech line.

We have a 2005 Winnebago Itasca Suncruiser. Recently, we replaced all the hydraulic leveler springs and a chip to fix the right rear leveling that would not go down. All jacks worked going up and down. Now, we have relocated from Largo Florida to Jacksonville Florida. None of the hydraulic leveling jacks are working. We hear the motor when attempting to use leveling system, but none of them will go down. My husband checked the fuses and none were faulty. Our second option is to check the Hydraulic Fluid in the reservoir. Anyone know where to check this?

larlazenby said:
We have a 2005 Winnebago Itasca Suncruiser. Recently, we replaced all the hydraulic leveler springs

HWH had a bad batch of return springs circa 2005, we had new springs early 2006.

and a chip to fix the right rear leveling that would not go down

A chip as in integrated circuit (IC, aka semiconductor device)?

None of the hydraulic leveling jacks are working. We hear the motor when attempting to use leveling system, but none of them will go down. My husband checked the fuses and none were faulty. Our second option is to check the Hydraulic Fluid in the reservoir. Anyone know where to check this?

No idea where your reservoir is located, sorry; ours is under the entrance steps. You can follow the hydraulic lines from the jacks and that will lead you to the area.  Unless you have had a fluid leak, I think it's highly unlikely you just have low fluid causing your problem but that is something easy to check to eliminate from a possible candidate.

And... welcome!!

A Hydraulic Jack failing to extend (go down) is not a spring problem unless the springs are stronger than the Hydraulic Pump.

For the Jack to extend on "Manual" and not extend on "Auto" indicates a problem with the Control Board or its attendant connections.  The wiring to the hydraulic solenoid (valve) is the same in both Auto and Manual once it leaves the Control Box.

The slow raising (return) of the rear jacks has been addressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom