Hydraulic slide and jack problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fastlane Tracks

Good morning
was preparing to leave this morning and was filling water tank and noticed a puddle on the ground near the front of the coach. raised the front step and found the under side of the step coated with hydraulic fluid discovered that an o-ring had blown out at the top of the metering block under a check valve nut. After replacing the o-ring and topping off the hydraulic tank, now the pump runs but neither the slides ore jacks move
what happened? Everything was working before springing a leak.
05 39F Journey W/HWH hydraulic system

Last edited:
you need to go to you coaches web site see if they could tell you how to bleed out the air in system. or maybe check out utube how to do it.

If you have a HWH hydraulic system there is no bleed valve. The only method is to fill the reservoir, operate jacks and hyd. slides then retract jacks and slides. Refill reservoir as necessary then repeat process as many times as necessary until you no longer need to refill reservoir.
I doubt that is the problem though. p.maddox here worked for HWH and freely offer his expertise and experience when asked. Locate one of his posts and send a PM requesting assistance referencing this thread.

Last edited:
If you have a HWH hydraulic system there is no bleed valve. The only method is to fill the reservoir, operate jacks and hyd. slides then retract jacks and slides. Refill reservoir as necessary then repeat process as many times as necessary until you no longer need to refill reservoir.
I doubt that is the problem though. p.maddox here worked for HWH and freely offer his expertise and experience when asked. Locate one of his posts and send a PM requesting assistance referencing this thread.
Tried looking for p.Maddox with no luck
could you provide me with a link

That was my thinking but???
only thing I haven’t tried is loosening a hose at one of the jacks in order to get the pump to pickup a prime.
thinking I have a air pocket in the drive pump.
is that a possibility?

Thanks to everyone who replied.
It turns out that the shuttle valve has gone bad.
You now have another resource for coach repair services for mechanical issues.
Went to Camping World only to be informed that they were booked until late November , then by chance I went to Cummins Northwest just down the street in Coburg Oregon they squeezed me in and diagnosed the problem and made it functional long enough to get everything in to the storage position .
Great people and technicians and can provide shore power for those out on the road And if necessary there is a small motel within moderate walking distance.

Back
Top Bottom