I almost got nailed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've a couple of friends who also like Chromebook. I've never played with it much.
I've been running full-fledged Microsoft powered Intel machines since MS DOS and Windows 3.
Now up to Win 10 and perfectly comfortable.
All the games I play with grandkids are Windoze compatible, and we keep the security up to date, and have never been seriously affected by viruses, or attempts at hijacking.

Whatever works for you, stay with it, but keep up on security and don't go wandering too deep into the dark places of the internet. There be monsters.

The monsters are all built in to your operating system and IP packet protocols. Anything you might encounter visiting a particular website is very small potatoes in comparison.

Windows 11 runs great and doesn't need a 3rd party virus program.

Now that... Is just flat not true. Windows 11 crashes more than 10 (Two different nearly identical computers) won't even work on this machine (I know I tried) has issues with some of the software I use and if you don't run an AV program and firewall you will find hackers are better than Microsoft programmers as they have been since day one.

Now that... Is just flat not true. Windows 11 crashes more than 10 (Two different nearly identical computers) won't even work on this machine (I know I tried) has issues with some of the software I use and if you don't run an AV program and firewall you will find hackers are better than Microsoft programmers as they have been since day one.
That hasn't been my experience with Windows 11, but Windows remains vulnerable to add-on extensions, especially device drivers and system extensions like alleged security aides and cleaner utilities. Different users too often have widely differing experiences. Kinda reminds me of an RV... :unsure:

That hasn't been my experience with Windows 11, but Windows remains vulnerable to add-on extensions, especially device drivers and system extensions like alleged security aides and cleaner utilities. Different users too often have widely differing experiences. Kinda reminds me of an RV... :unsure:
Good point. If you never add anything that is not MS provided, Windows probably does a good job of keeping itself safe.
But, I don't know many people who never add any "Extra" applications to their Computer. All of those non-MS utilities, games, and applications provide holes in the fence that the malware can find and exploit.

After Microsoft abandoned Windows Explorer for the new Edge Browser, their security improved greatly.

On my Win10 system I have several browsers, and use them for different types of applications, and they all hold up to every attack I have exposed them to.

Our Win 11 pc has yet to report any attempts getting past MS security.

Most security breaches we have seen were due to somebody letting a bug in by ignoring a warning that MS security suite posted.
I still keep WebRoot installed and updated.

Some of the most disastrous hacks where for example institutions are entirely shut down by hackers demanding a bitcoin ransom, were not the result of multiple powerful computers being used to penetrate a system.

Rather, much more low tech. Employees are tricked into revealing their passwords by hackers posing as what to them appears to be a legit conversation. Once there're in...

Unbelievable that this could happen these days if you're the guardian of sensitive information, but it happens way too often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holtt
Back
Top Bottom