I am a brand new Motorhome owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khobin

We have a 1999 National TropiCal. At the time we bought it we thought all was good. We had a contractor come in to replace the carpet with vinyl flooring. Then all heck took over. He had to reseal all the windows…..we had black mold and mildew under the carpet. A lot of the flooring had to be fixed. My question is he found that the insulation on the under side of the slide was wet. Do we have to get a new slide or can we replace the insulation?? I have many more questions but I will start with this one.

Oh that is good. The contractor said I was going to have to replace the slide.
Should I use styrofoam again for insulation or can you use the regular kinda of insulation or foam?

Don't replace the insulation until you find out why it was wet.

Maybe "rebuild" the slide would be a better choice of terms, but it's difficult to comment without learning more about where this insulation is and how it got wet in the first place. Typically the floor of a slide is a thick, solid piece of wood, with a vinyl or similar outer skin. Insulation of the underside, if any, is a glued-on layer. Slide walls, however, are often insulated. If the slide floor or walls are damaged, it might be necessary to pull it out and repair or rebuild the floor or walls.

Pictures of the damage would help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom