I.C.c. Flash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deanse

This may be a stupid question but,
I am from England and 8 weeks into a  6 month tour of the USA in a used RV I bought in Sacramento CA.
The RV has a switch on the dash labeled  "ICC Flash" and I have no idea what it does. Can anybody enlighten me

deanse

I either don't know what ICC stands for, or I forgot a long time ago.

That switch will probably flash the marker lights high on the rear of the RV. If, for example, a trucker flashes his/her headlights to let you know it's safe to move back into their lane some RVs provide a way to flash the marker lights as a courteous "thank you". On my coach this feature is built into the steering wheel, while on others it might be on the stalk, the dash or the floor. Usually this is a momentary flash (brief on/off or off/on, depending on whether they were off or on to start with).

Have someone stand at the rear/outside of the RV while you turn the switch on and off to see what happens.

Thanks for the definition Marsha. How does that relate to the flashers on my RV?

Tom said:
Thanks for the definition Marsha. How does that relate to the flashers on my RV?

I may be mistaken but I believe it was the ICC that required those marker lights. So the "marker" or "clearance" lights became known as ICC lights.

If you have passed a truck and you happen to notice in the rear view mirror,  he flashes his headlights lights at you, this is a signal to let you know it is now safe to pull back ing to the lane. It is considered a courtesy to flash the clearance or tail lights as an acknowledgement, thus the ICC switch. Likewise, if you are passed by a truck--or RV-- it is also a courtesy to flash your headlights to let him know it is safe to pull back in. When you do this, almost all the truckers will acknowledge you.

Chet18013

Back
Top Bottom