I don't believe Elon is this stupid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those types of ads are "per inquiry", instead of paying a flat rate for the air time the station gets paid on a commission basis when someone in their viewing area goes online or calls the toll-free number. They're generally used to fill unsold advertising slots.
I see, so they must have a lot of unsold slots, 90% of what you see advertised on those channels is garbage.

The future is here. Things the media said were real have been found to be fake. Things they said were fake have been found to be real, examples in the last few days.
Hopefully, this inability to discern fact from fiction will destroy the whole electronic media industry, or at least lead to more critical examination of "news" sources, similar to the critique of this advertisement.
The inability to discern fact from fiction made a certain cable news channel what it is and they're unlikely to change their stripes.

Also if you look at the picture you’ll see his index finger is on one end of the box and his thumb is partway down on the opposite side. If that was the case, the box would spin counter clockwise. There is nothing to stop it.

Fox ( News) isn't going anywhere however. It and the other end of the t*rd from which there is no clean end to pick it up, MSNBC, are in the affirmation news business. Telling viewers what they want to hear.

The equivalency is false. MSNBC is definitely in the affirmation business, but it's rooted in fact, and done completely unfairly to conservative politicians and causes. Just because coverage isn't fair doesn't mean it's not factual. Fox "News" got burned for what they did, and rightfully so - it was wrong, and completely false.

Where did he get his money to begin with?

Genuis starts at 140. Elon's IQ is above 150, making him one of the smartest people on earth.

Not well proven, but it's rather difficult to prove when that high.

-Don- Auburn, CA

A lot of people aren't test or ranked. Obviously not the place, but he appears to suffer from some pretty strong mental health issues as well. I guess smart people often do. It's not my agenda or place to trash on the guy, but I really do wish people would stop putting him on a pedestal of greatness. It's his engineers who come up with the ideas and make it work. He may be talented at investing, maybe at running a business, but he is not a savior, however.

What's more shocking is that he was regarded as one of the elites until he said something about Twitter and free speech. Now a lot of people worship him, IMO, falsely.

Last edited:
OK. I call BS on that.
Did you see the stock market dive today based on a AI news report with pictures of the Pentagon on fire? The market recovered but only after confirming the story was false. AI is here and it will be a disaster.

Did you see the stock market dive today based on a AI news report with pictures of the Pentagon on fire? The market recovered but only after confirming the story was false. AI is here and it will be a disaster.
It’s going to be an unmitigated disaster. Even the engineers developing AI are warning this is going to get out of control.

I watched

Oddly enough 60 minutes did a piece last night on the Grandparents Scam. Your grandson or daughter calls and says they're in some kind of trouble, they can't tell the parents but they need x amount of dollars right away so this attorney a friend recommended can keep them out of jail. They then put the attorney on and he arranges to have a courier come by and pick up the cash. The attorney also tells you to tell the bank you're withdrawing the cash for a car repair, so the bank won't think you've fallen victim to a scam. The particular scam on which they reported originated in the Bahamas. So how did they know who the grandchild was, how to mimic their voice exactly and who the grandparents are and which phone numbers to call? To demonstrate how effective it is, the expert explaining it all told the corresondent they's set her assistant up. In a matter of minutes she used AI to call the assistant and with an AI generated voice mimicking her boss told the assistant she was in a hurry and needed her passport number. The assistant looked it up and rattled it right off to the bot.
Well, yeah, people are easily fooled. I got that. But it doesn't take much AI to figure that out.

So how did they know who the grandchild was, how to mimic their voice exactly and who the grandparents are and which phone numbers to call?

Well ... On say Facebook I might mention I have a Grandson or daughter... And the name of same.. with a bit of work they get my real name (perhaps from a game app) and whitepages hands them jy phone.... And Get the call. ask how to call them back once I have the $$$ Buzz my former employer and the delivery is made.... (Oh. only it's not cash. It's handcuffs).

I'm not on FB, but my info is all over the internet. All it takes is my friends and family posting about events we attend. The post and pictures get tagged, talked about and spread. If I have a birthday BBQ at my house, and it gets posted, then my birth date is out there. No way to avoid it.

Obviously not the place, but he appears to suffer from some pretty strong mental health issues as well. I guess smart people often do.
IMO, there are many human qualities MUCH more important than intelligence. The old system of IQ, IMO, needs to be thrown out anyway. Some of the people with the highest IQs are rather stupid in the more meaningful ways.

Take for an example the criminal profile of the average serial killer. The first thing on the list is usually "well above normal intelligence".

Often people with an abnormal IQ are abnormal in many other ways as well.

However, I would say Elon is doing quite well.

but I really do wish people would stop putting him on a pedestal of greatness.
Why care one way or the other? I don't. But like most famous people some like him and others hate him. Some people simply dislike all very successful people. I don't understand why. Jealous/envious perhaps?

Last edited:
Why care one way or the other? I don't. But like most famous people some like him and others hate him. Some people simply dislike all very successful people. I don't understand why. Jealous/envious perhaps?

I didn't care much for or against him one way or the other until he started mouthing off in the political realm. He's using a business he purchased to propagate falsehoods. My personal opinion doesn't matter, but when he starts turning people against America using his platforms, that's what I have a problem with. Wealth/power used for ill purpose. It's nothing we haven't seen before--they all fall eventually, knock on Democracy.

Where did he get his money to begin with?

Genuis starts at 140. Elon's IQ is above 150, making him one of the smartest people on earth.

Not well proven, but it's rather difficult to prove when that high.

-Don- Auburn, CA
From his daddies emerald mine in S Africa.

Got a ban on the sister forum for posting a cartoon about bathing in his genius so I guess I won't try my luck here.

His dad was the one who confirmed it. Of course his dad abandoned his mother after the divorce, and no one doubts they lived a rough life for a while. Still, a man who screams about free speech only to censor anyone he doesn’t agree with isn’t a man I would idolize. And it wasn’t Musk who was directly sued for misogyny, racism, and violations of his worker’s right; it was his companies. But it was widely believed those values came directly from Musk. He verbally supported the anti-union and wage issues California and the National Labor Relations Board brought against the companies.

Reactions: RRR
In today's WaPo an article implicating some (more) of the rich and famous for consorting with Jeffrey Epstein. Musk's name came up in that he may have received advice from Epstein regarding some banking issues. Musk commented, "I've never asked that cretin anything". For one Musk's comment is funny and two it's not exactly illegal to receive monetary advice from a pedophile.
I'm not a big fan of some of Musk's libertarian extremes but if I spent billions of my money to buy a company I'd run it however I want. If you want to run it differently you should make me an offer.

Last edited:
This is just one of the reasons that even the inventors of AI are calling for Congress to pass laws regulating AI. AI makes it possible to create pictures that are impossible to detect from real pictures.
A huge leap forward from PhotoShop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom