I dropped my teeth!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

I don?t want to believe it but? :eek:

On our Alaska trip we saw....

One morning we saw a man with a pick-up camper rinsing out his portable toilet at the campsite he was on.  He was using the fresh water faucet and dumping the slightly blue water on the grass at the faucet.  Ten minutes later his wife came out with a coffee pot, walked over the same area and filled the pot at the faucet.  The same faucet her husband had his hands all over ten minutes before!  Oh ya, she had her house coat on and nothing on her feet!!

At my sisters.

My sister was talking to one of her neighbors that owns a 5th wheel.  He likes to primitive camp at state forest and national forest campgrounds.  They can carry 60 gallons of fresh water and uses a generator.  My sister asked what did he do with his gray and black water?  No problem, he does what everyone else does.  He DIGS A HOLE NEXT TO HIS RIG AND DUMPS INTO THE HOLE and then covers it up again.  Oh, yea there lakes near by but that?s not a problem.

It is hard to believe... :'(

Environmentally unfriendly RVers  ???  In the same category as the folks who reportedly pull their dump valve handles in Walmart parking lots.

Tom said:
Environmentally unfriendly RVers? ???? In the same category as the folks who reportedly pull their dump valve handles in Walmart parking lots.

All I can say about action like that by ignorant people is if I see this going on I will take photos and provide them to the authorities.

I had not heard the Walmart parking lot dump.  It makes you wonder why Walmart would still allow overnight camping.  You would think (at least I did) that by the time people reached this part of their lives that all of those without brains would be gone.  The portable toilet one was while we were having b-fast and we couldn't believe our eyes.  It was a shock.
The state/national forest one I HOPE is not true.  Not only would there be a lake long term problem.  The campground water supply would be at high risk.

Len & Jo:

By what I read, I am likely the heaviest WalMart user on the forum.  I am sure somewhere, sometime, someone has done a WalMart dump, but I have yet to see that happen.  In all the Walmarts I have stopped in, only once did I see bad behavior, and that was some rowdy people who got out of a car late at night.  I agree with Ron, if I ever see bad behavior I will photograph it if I can and then report it.  But so far in three years of travel, that has not happened.  I find RVers the neatest people on the parking lot by far.  I think RVers are more sensitive to these matters than your typical auto driver. 

I find that WalMart enjoys having RVers around, and profits greatly from them.  Most of the resistance I have seen is coming from campground owners who feel it is costing them revenue.

Smoky

That was reported in our prior venue several years ago. What's reported more often and in various venues is the folks who camp in a WM lot, put out their slideouts, tables, chairs and BBQ. (I've seen this myself.) These are folks who are experts at getting CG conveniences without paying CG fees, and that's what contributes to CG owners getting upset. It also gets RVers in general a bad name.

Well, you know me Tom.? I love WalMarts, try to set a good example, and see others doing the same.? ?:)? Overall, I think the RVers there are mostly interested in doing their business, quietly and efficiently. Interestingly, the events described in the opening message took place at a campground.

All it takes is one Smoky, and that's one too many.

There are A FEW of them out there, but I find the stupidity level hard to believe. ?There lack of knowing and their lack of caring. ?But as you say, 99.9% are not that way...thank goodness. ?The 0.1% just give you a jolt when you run into them.

Not quite Smoky. At a CG you're expected to be putting out your slideouts, tables, chairs and BBQ, and you pay for the privilege. Also, you either hook up or use their dump station. I don't see the analogy to a WM parking lot  ???

Wow!  This is almost like a real time conversation heheh.  Having trouble getting to sleep here.  Orioles are whupping the Red Sox again, and tomorrow we finally see our new home.  Life could not be better! ;D

BTW attached is a copy of a letter distributed by FMCA to their members several years ago. Sums it up quite nicely.

Attachments

• parking.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 27
Aye Tom, those are good policies to follow.

Len and Jo, my keys are gonna stop flying for awhile. ?Still can't sleep but the O game is over. ?Maybe I will catch the Spurs and Suns for a bit and see if they can bring on the Sandman!

Same hear.  It is 10:15pm  in Michigan and time to hit the hay.  Good night all.

Back
Top Bottom