I finally did it - I bought my first rv - a 5th wheel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickd

Hi All,

After months and months of research, scouring the internet, visiting rv dealerships and reading discussions and getting advice on this forum, my wife and I finally made a deal on a 5th wheel yesterday in Kelowna, B.C., and with the help of my brother-in-law and his truck, we towed it home to the Island, last night (I'm not getting a sliding hitch for my Chevy Silverado installed until Jan 9th.).

The unit is a General Coach 1999 Citation Supreme 26RKS - it is in aboslute mint condition inside and out.  The previous owner was obviously an experienced RV'er who knew how to look after and maintain an RV.  Initially, we were looking at a Citation 28.5RKS but after we saw this unit we decided this was a much better value - especially since it is a bit lighter and fits in better with the weight ratio questions I had asked about in an earlier thread.  My Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax will have no trouble pulling this 5'er at all.  My brother-in-law has a similar type setup and we hauled this unit over some incredibly long and steep mountains coming back from Kelowna, B.C. yesterday and his truck did it with absolute ease - no problems or concerns at all.  We even ran into a bit of snow on the Coquihalla Highway and in the Okanagan.

So, I'm going to be spending the next several days camped out in my driveway figuring out the operation and workings of the furnace, hot water heater, slider, fridge, stove and all the other new things I have to play with now!  It should be fun.  Thanks again for all the great advice and suggestions from members here - it helped a lot in determining what I should get as my first 5'er!

I've attached a few pics of our new 5th wheel:

Attachments

• Citation-Supreme-26ft-1999-.jpg
    Citation-Supreme-26ft-1999-.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 98
  • citation Supreme 26 ft no2.jpg
    citation Supreme 26 ft no2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Citation Supreme 26 ft 1999 no 7.jpg
    Citation Supreme 26 ft 1999 no 7.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 75
Pretty rig.  Enjoy your new toy.  ;D

Make your first excursion a short one and treat it as a shakedown cruise.  Spend a long weekend in a full hookup site to get used to actually operating.  Prowl thru our library for the info you will need.

We were in Kelowna last May. That is our third trip there. You are a lucky family to live in that part of the world. We plan on coming up again in 2007 only this time will pull the 5th wheel and stay for the summer. It is a huge change from Dallas, Texas in the summer.

Welcome to your new adventure.  The photos of your rig are great.  The fun has just begun.  I bought my MH last February and have been in heaven ever since.  Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy.

Great looking rig.  I just bought a 2005 Couger 5th wheel, and your rig looks just as new.  Great find.  This is my first 5er, pulled many bumper pulls.  The group I travel with are mixed.  After seeing the comfort of the 5er's and hearing how they pull and park, I was convinced.  enjoy!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom