I hate change !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom, I think you're referring to what is known as "favicon". Not sure if it's been set after the migration.

Tom, those are bookmarks on your local browser, not anything todo with the Forum per se. You'll have to build a history of coming here via the new URL or bookmark the Forum, depending how your browser is set up.
IN the past the icon just popped into the bookmark bar without any intervention on my part.

VT100?

Funny, most people don't know what asynchronous terminals are. Are you talking 7 or 8 bit? LOL

I have no idea if I can dump my cache. I don't want to do that. I have dozens of bookmarks and I have never had to do one thing to get the icons displayed.

I have no idea if I can dump my cache. I don't want to do that. I have dozens of bookmarks and I have never had to do one thing to get the icons displayed.
Clearing cache doesn't lose bookmarks (unless you opt to do that). Clearing cache removes old web site files, and the next time you visit you'll automatically get the latest and greatest.

A simple google search turned up this:

Meanwhile, the favicon displays fine for Spencer and me.

Your choice of course, just trying to help. A few days ago I cleared cache on my laptop - a couple of mouse clicks; No loss of bookmarks or anything else I didn't want to lose, and no PITA.

SeilerBird: Maybe turn off / on your Chromebook? I did not have to clear my cache for it to start working in Chrome. I did close the browser and reopen tho

Glad it worked. Thanks to Spencer for his Chromebook expertise.
haha, off / on solves most problems :sneaky: Glad this problem is solved. Personally I really like the new platform. I find it very easy to navigate, probably helps that another Forum I am on is very similar, probably same software. Bunch of Yamaha motorcycle guys, not as tech savvy, as we around here, lol.

haha, off / on solves most problems :sneaky: Glad this problem is solved. Personally I really like the new platform. I find it very easy to navigate, probably helps that another Forum I am on is very similar, probably same software. Bunch of Yamaha motorcycle guys, not as tech savvy, as we around here, lol.
LOL Spencer. I guess some folks need help turning their Chromebook on and off :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom