I just picked up my first RV.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolblu61

I'm very happy to have found a 98 Slumber Queen 5th wheel trailer. The guy sold it to me as a 22 ft but according to the model number 23-6MD it's actually 24. This is my first go at camping with a trailer and I'd like to check out all the systems on board but have a lot to learn. I can't find any info or an owners manual on this trailer. I did find out that the company moved to the US and became Adventurer Manufacturing. When I called them I was told they have no records of older pre US models. Does anyone have an idea on how to track down an owners manual or even a PDF copy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t know about how to get an owners manual but I would recommend boondocking in you front yard for a whole to learn how everything works! Saying this from experience. Good lick and have fun!

Welcome to the forum.
You won’t find a manual specifically for your rv. Manuals are pretty much generic and it would be used for several models.
Just give us the make and model number of the appliance you want to learn about and we’ll be able to help.
If you are new to rv’ing, I’m sure you will have lots of questions. That’s great. We love questions. No question is a dumb question. If you don’t know the answer it’s not dumb to ask. All we ask is that you start a new post for each question you have.

Welcome to the forum.
You won’t find a manual specifically for your rv. Manuals are pretty much generic and it would be used for several models.
Just give us the make and model number of the appliance you want to learn about and we’ll be able to help.
If you are new to rv’ing, I’m sure you will have lots of questions. That’s great. We love questions. No question is a dumb question. If you don’t know the answer it’s not dumb to ask. All we ask is that you start a new post for each question you have.
Thanks Rene: I'll stop waisting my time looking for the impossible. I'll just start working my way through and see what I can figure out to start off with.

I don’t know about how to get an owners manual but I would recommend boondocking in you front yard for a whole to learn how everything works! Saying this from experience. Good lick and have fun!
Thanks for that advice and since I just received the plug adapter and can plug in I'll try and get it all working in the back yard.

Only a very few companies produced actual owners manuals specific to certain models or groups of models. Winnebago motor homes was one, there are a couple of others. There is nothing special in yours that cannot be figured out. Find the data plate for the water heater, the stove the fridge, etc and start searching for installation and owners manuals, and if you find applicable owners manuals, get them too. Save all to a dedicated thumb drive so you wont lose them and will have them with you.

Looks like they were into truck campers also. From looking at a pic of a data plate online, it appears they were a division of/or produced by/for Fraserway RV Centre, Clearbrook BC. Fraserway is now a large RV dealership with numerous locations but the one in Abbotsford is the one you might want to talk to. (those are the folks who had the huge fire last year during the floods and lost about half of their inventory)

Otherwise I assume your 5th wheel looks something like this

83405210_934.jpg

Web sites to search include.............................

RV tech, service and owners manual sources.

Technical Service Manuals – PDX RV

Bryant R.V. Services

http://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/ (scroll down to Atwood and Suburban)

Service Manuals - My RV Works

Free RV Manuals

Component Manuals Search | Forest River Inc., A Berkshire Hathaway Company (even if not a Forest River, they may have the manual you need)

Service/User manual Downloads – RV Refrigerator Repair

Last edited:
This is a very old RV. The first thing I would do is get up in the roof and check all the joints and seams for cracked caulking. If you find some cracks, Get yourself some self leveling caulking. Clean up any loose caulk then apply something like Dicor. Do not use silicon.
Next thing would be to sanitize the entire water system including the water heater. Add to your fresh water tank, 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water. Then start your water pump and open each faucet long enough to smell the bleach. Leave it this way for a few hours then drain everything including your water heater. Reconnect your water hose and flush the system. If you still smell the bleach, don’t worry. It will disappear in a few days.
When draining your water heater, if it’s a Suburban, the drain plug will have a zinc anode attached to the drain plug, if it looks all corroded, replace it. If the heater is a Atwood/Dometic, it won’t have a anode.

I'm very happy to have found a 98 Slumber Queen 5th wheel trailer. The guy sold it to me as a 22 ft but according to the model number 23-6MD it's actually 24. This is my first go at camping with a trailer and I'd like to check out all the systems on board but have a lot to learn. I can't find any info or an owners manual on this trailer. I did find out that the company moved to the US and became Adventurer Manufacturing. When I called them I was told they have no records of older pre US models. Does anyone have an idea on how to track down an owners manual or even a PDF copy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the crazy world of RVs. Remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Only a very few companies produced actual owners manuals specific to certain models or groups of models. Winnebago motor homes was one, there are a couple of others. There is nothing special in yours that cannot be figured out. Find the data plate for the water heater, the stove the fridge, etc and start searching for installation and owners manuals, and if you find applicable owners manuals, get them too. Save all to a dedicated thumb drive so you wont lose them and will have them with you.

Looks like they were into truck campers also. From looking at a pic of a data plate online, it appears they were a division of/or produced by/for Fraserway RV Centre, Clearbrook BC. Fraserway is now a large RV dealership with numerous locations but the one in Abbotsford is the one you might want to talk to. (those are the folks who had the huge fire last year during the floods and lost about half of their inventory)

Otherwise I assume your 5th wheel looks something like this

83405210_934.jpg

Web sites to search include.............................

RV tech, service and owners manual sources.

Technical Service Manuals – PDX RV

Bryant R.V. Services

http://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/ (scroll down to Atwood and Suburban)

Service Manuals - My RV Works

Free RV Manuals

Component Manuals Search | Forest River Inc., A Berkshire Hathaway Company (even if not a Forest River, they may have the manual you need)

Service/User manual Downloads – RV Refrigerator Repair

Thanks for all the info Charles: That picture is it exactly identical and I'm pretty sure it did in fact come from the dealer in Abbotsford. I'll put all your info to good use. Thanks

Thanks for all the info Charles: That picture is it exactly identical and I'm pretty sure it did in fact come from the dealer in Abbotsford. I'll put all your info to good use. Thanks

Charles did provide the holy grail of finding manuals.

Almost all of us have a big 3-ring binder of PDF manuals harvested from the internet for each specific piece of equipment in the RV.

The shortfall will likely be the water connection system - they can vary a bunch. The good news is there is only so many ways you can plumb a tank, a water pump and an external supply.

The other shortfall will likely be the DC electrical power converter/charger. This is also pretty straightforward but a lot of folks get confused by having both 12VDC and 120VAC power on-board.

I knew there has to be an inverter hidden somewhere. Haven't found it yet but I'll keep looking until I find it.
Thanks

Cool,
Converter (charger) uses 120VAC to make 12V DC to run those things that are powered by the house battery.
Inverter uses 12VDC from the house battery to run the things that need 120VAC to operate.
It pretty much has to have a converter/charger. Look by the fuse panel for wires that connect to the supply, but don't go to the batteries.
I would be surprised if it had an original inverter.
Matt_C

Most companies list the model number as the inside dimension. If you are measuring on the outside it will be longer. My KZ 270thle is 28.6 feet outside, not including the tongue. Inside is right around 27 feet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eg010590
Back
Top Bottom