I keep missing them.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

Maybe it's because the post don't affect me, or maybe it's because I'm just late to the party, or maybe it's because my aging but otherwise brilliant, if not somewhat addled mind is taking a nap, why does it seem that, just when the post is getting interesting and one of my brilliant thoughts comes to mine, the threads is shut down?

Maybe it's because the post don't affect me, or maybe it's because I'm just late to the party, or maybe it's because my aging but otherwise brilliant, if not somewhat addled mind is taking a nap, why does it seem that, just when the post is getting interesting and one of my brilliant thoughts comes to mine, the threads is shut down?
Few threads here get shut down.

Few threads here get shut down.

Since I don't hang out on other forums when things are slow, I'll take your word for it. And while I don't see it as a frequent problem here, I find it interesting that some threads go on and on before a mod steps in and shuts them down.

My guess is, if there are responses to the post just before mine, this thread will be shut down. In fact, I think it should be shut down now.

I always thought they got shut down when the Communists start their rants.
I don’t recall anybody advocating class war or that all property be publicly owned. And I don’t recall anyone mentioning folks should be paid according to their abilities and needs. Other than I think you hit the nail on the head. 😎
Now there are folks on side that would love to have a single authoritarian government.
There are certain things that should be free; healthcare and education (and maybe Peanut M&M’s).

Last edited:
If he's asking about the one I think he's asking about.. I AM GLAD IT WAS SHUT DOWN.
(I have very strong opinions on that topic and tend to get in trouble for replying in that kind of thread so the fact it was shut down FIRST meant I could read it academically (Not emotionally) and 2nd.. I don't get in trouble) So Thanks moderator who shut it down you saved me trouble.

There are certain things that should be free; healthcare and education (and maybe Peanut M&M’s).
I certainly agree with you on this.
Here in the Midwest USA, we provide free schooling, breakfast and lunch, childcare assistance, free food (although simple hamburgers and fries), and no-one is ever turned away for needed healthcare. Many add to that pot of services we share. Some even take out a loan like insurance, if we go further with education than high school, we will reap the reward of typical higher paying jobs, that 95% of the time exceeds the small extra we paid for the higher education. With those higher paid jobs, they can afford steak and baked potatoes. Now this might be extreme, so let's focus on the middle 80%. Here is the rub: can you believe that some want to stay at home, not pay into that pot, AND feel they are entitled to steak and potatoes. Make no bones about it, those that medically can not contribute for various reasons, I'm the first in line to share my steak, and even cook and deliver it to them. It's the others that taint the system. Given that I volunteer weekly at a food bank, and food delivery program rest assured, my struggles are to embrace the golden rule, judge and you will be judged, my hope is that the x% that truly need the assistance gets it! Seems America is losing this concept, radicals act like their opinion represent the majority of us good folks. I guess that's radical to imply I'm a good folk in todays world. I guess my point to this is, every single time there is a sniff of a chance to spit out hatred and bigotry outside of the 80% of common people, seems it gets done, and by the same people, and IMO, correctly so, the moderators close the thread. Peace out.

I certainly agree with you on this.
Here in the Midwest USA, we provide free schooling, breakfast and lunch, childcare assistance, free food (although simple hamburgers and fries), and no-one is ever turned away for needed healthcare. Many add to that pot of services we share. Some even take out a loan like insurance, if we go further with education than high school, we will reap the reward of typical higher paying jobs, that 95% of the time exceeds the small extra we paid for the higher education. With those higher paid jobs, they can afford steak and baked potatoes. Now this might be extreme, so let's focus on the middle 80%. Here is the rub: can you believe that some want to stay at home, not pay into that pot, AND feel they are entitled to steak and potatoes. Make no bones about it, those that medically can not contribute for various reasons, I'm the first in line to share my steak, and even cook and deliver it to them. It's the others that taint the system. Given that I volunteer weekly at a food bank, and food delivery program rest assured, my struggles are to embrace the golden rule, judge and you will be judged, my hope is that the x% that truly need the assistance gets it! Seems America is losing this concept, radicals act like their opinion represent the majority of us good folks. I guess that's radical to imply I'm a good folk in todays world. I guess my point to this is, every single time there is a sniff of a chance to spit out hatred and bigotry outside of the 80% of common people, seems it gets done, and by the same people, and IMO, correctly so, the moderators close the thread. Peace out.

You mean when people start dumping out their purse here on the forum about how victimized they are by everyone/everything they don't agree with and start calling them communists? Every thread turning into a referendum on California, 99% by people who don't even live there, or complaining how EV's, gas prices, and immigrants hurt their feelings today? You're darn right moderators should shut that crap down.

I don’t recall anybody advocating class war or that all property be publicly owned. And I don’t recall anyone mentioning folks should be paid according to their abilities and needs. Other than I think you hit the nail on the head. 😎
Now there are folks on side that would love to have a single authoritarian government.
And beer.
cheers.gif

There is a farm store (I think they were the Ferguson dealer long ago. Not sure what they carry now. New Holland perhaps) on the road from Seneca SC to Fairplay SC and they have a restaurant.. That's where I shot the sign with the phone's camera.
It's also on the wall at a bar called the Iron Door Saloon in Groveland, CA. In fact, I think it's also on their T-shirts, but I don't care enough to walk to the back of the RV and dig the shirt out of a drawer. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nedh
Back
Top Bottom