I love the smell of new rubber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catblaster

Putting the old girl back on the road after two years sitting so new shoes were on order for her. I got all 6 replaced with new (5 1/2 mo old)  Toyo 265/75/22.5 , M154 total out the door was $2,603.00. This included mounting, bead bags for balance and solid valve extensions. also had them put one of the 7yr old steer tires on the spare.
  I was betting on the spare being OEM and sure enough it was a Michelin and the date was 12/1994. That tire was hard as a rock. The steering tires were put on 6 yrs ago but they had been in a warehouse for a year and the other 4 rear tires were finally showing sidewall cracks at almost 13 yrs old. That says a lot for Toyo.  No excuse for letting it go that long except that I didnt think my health would ever allow me to use it again....Nice to have new rubber and I just love that smell.
  Just replaced all the exterior lights in the front so if anyone has an older Winnebago with the oversized (8 X 6) polycarbonate headlights I have a great source for them at $59 ea, also the lenses for the clearance lights at ony $5 and made by the OEM.

So now I can see and smell good as we roll.

Im glad your health is better and good enough for you to continue RVing

Im taking my girl in for new shoes on Monday. While shes in there, going to have them do the annual service since its coming up on that time. I always feel good after having all that done.

What a nice turn of events that you're getting back on the road!

Thank you all, its about time that she was more than a place for visitors to stay while here. Even though it does make an excellent guest room.  Getting new house batteries today, the existing ones are working but dont hold a charge for long. They were new from the PO back when we bought it over 9 yrs ago.

catblaster said:
Getting new house batteries today, the existing ones are working but dont hold a charge for long. They were new from the PO back when we bought it over 9 yrs ago.

Nine years! You really got your money's worth out of those batteries.  :))

IBTripping said:
Nine years! You really got your money's worth out of those batteries.  :))

I got my money out of those tires also...the PO was district rep for Interstate batteries so he had three new blue top dual purpose optima's put in...group 29 I think....it must be a good battery...Im too cheap going for the Walmart Max 27's at $99 each. times 3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom