I met someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVMommaTo6

For years I've avoided having a boyfriend because it just didn't fit into my life with being a mom. I've dated, but I didn't want the commitment (mainly the time commitment) of a boyfriend. It hasn't been too successful because most guys, even if they say they just want to casually date, want much more very quickly and develop feelings and go falling in love. (Here's my theory on that- women have more intimate relationships with friends so a man ends up being one aspect of our lives where men have less intimate relationships with friends so once they have one person to get that from, talking all the time and sharing things that he wouldn't talk about with his buddies, they latch on and she becomes his everything. Just a theory, but it makes sense to me.) Aaaaannnnyway, I never fall for these guys like they do and I just assumed I was incapable or something. But I recently met someone and it's been going really really well. This is the kind of guy I could see myself with. We've been dating for a few weeks now (without him telling me he's going to marry me or throwing out the L word!) Doesn't it figure that this happens now- I leave for 10 months in July! Ugh, my timing!!!

If it's meant to be, he'll still be there when you come back. If he's the one, he'll understand that this is something you planned for a long time with your kids. Go for it and good luck.

I agree with Rene, and 6 months off is a long time... 
Ya never know, he might come  :eek:,  or maybe meet up at a point or two with you guys.

SpencerPJ said:
I agree with Rene, and 6 months off is a long time... 
Ya never know, he might come  :eek:,  or maybe meet up at a point or two with you guys.

She's going for 10 months.
Amanda,  have you told him about leaving?

Rene T said:
She's going for 10 months.
Amanda,  have you told him about leaving?

I'm laughing right now.  Why?  I have a college daughter, and the LAST thing she wants is 'guy' advise from me.  Amanda, Amanda, I'll go back to what Rene said, if it's meant to be it will be. 

SeilerBird said:
I am so jealous! I think you should dump the guy and move to Florida. 8)
I thought it was going to be you!

Whatever will be will be Amanda. Just enjoy it as  it happens. X

You have been seeing him for a few weeks and your leaving in 7 months.....Most guys will screw things up long before your trip.

Let him know your plans and wait and see where things go.

Lol you guys crack me up!
Spencer, he definitely won't come for a couple reasons. 1- this is for myself but also for my kids and bringing a guy changes the dynamics of the trip. I would be open to visits, but not the entire 10 months. And 2- he has a job that he definitely couldn't leave for 10 months, he's a director at a local college.
Rene, I did tell him I'm leaving.
Tom, he is merely a place holder until I can get to Florida!
Gizmo lol, that's an excellent point lol, I almost don't expect any less.

My husband and I lived an ocean apart for 2 years while we were dating. Sometimes months would go by before we saw each other again. We are now married for nearly 14 years. We're best friends, we work together 24/7, and we thrive on each others company. If this man is the right man, he'll be there. 10 months is no time at all when you're building a relationship with the right person. Wishing you joy as you move forward in the process! :)

SusanV said:
My husband and I lived an ocean apart for 2 years while we were dating. Sometimes months would go by before we saw each other again. We are now married for nearly 14 years. We're best friends, we work together 24/7, and we thrive on each others company. If this man is the right man, he'll be there. 10 months is no time at all when you're building a relationship with the right person. Wishing you joy as you move forward in the process! :)
He's not the right guy. The right guy is in Florida. 8)

Congratulations RVMomma, that you have posted this means you are serious. As others have said, if he's equally serious he'll wait, and will revel in the exciting journey you've long planned.

Not sure if I really understand your theory but my theory is ...................you are hooked - plain and simple.  If you make it to the 10 month departure date it will be for real and the longest 10 months of your life.  Now that's my theory...............................LOL

Bill

RVMommaTo6 said:
Lol you guys crack me up!
Spencer, he definitely won't come for a couple reasons. 1- this is for myself but also for my kids and bringing a guy changes the dynamics of the trip. I would be open to visits, but not the entire 10 months. And 2- he has a job that he definitely couldn't leave for 10 months, he's a director at a local college.
Rene, I did tell him I'm leaving.
Tom, he is merely a place holder until I can get to Florida!
Gizmo lol, that's an excellent point lol, I almost don't expect any less.

You do know we expect weekly updates on this.  ::)  AND, being just a bit older than you, enjoy that experience with your kids.  They grow up quick, college, and gone. If he's around when you leave, he'll be waiting for you when you get back.  Facetime, Skype, etc, all makes this doable, if it is meant to be.

Dan, lmao, no, no hearing aids. I'm very social and could make friends with any stranger, but I'm also relatively quiet. But maybe the no hearing aids helps him tolerate me lol
Tom ❤ you're so sweet, thank you
Susan, I know in the long run, 10 months is nothing, it'll just suck missing someone while I'm gone. It never crossed my mind that I would meet someone, and then to have it happen now! Ugh lol, but who knows, we'll see.
Back2PA, it's not serious yet, but he is definitely the type of guy I could see myself ending up with if I were to ever end up with someone. He has some great qualities like not living in his parent's basement, not being an alcoholic, lol stuff like that.
I'll keep you all updated lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom