I need an owner's manual!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bad ASCII

Hello, my name is Loren and I just bought a 2004 Damon Challenger. I really don't know much about RVs (who am I kidding, I know nothing). The reason I bought this is so I can avoid a super long commute over the Cascade mountain pass in Washington from my job building a highway back home everyday. I could fill up page after page with questions, so I really would just rather read a manual and go through it piece by piece. I've been having a hard time finding one, with internet searching and whatnot. Can anybody help me out? I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors. I went the lazy route and used speech to text.

Hello, my name is Loren and I just bought a 2004 Damon Challenger. I really don't know much about RVs (who am I kidding, I know nothing). The reason I bought this is so I can avoid a super long commute over the Cascade mountain pass in Washington from my job building a highway back home everyday. I could fill up page after page with questions, so I really would just rather read a manual and go through it piece by piece. I've been having a hard time finding one, with internet searching and whatnot. Can anybody help me out? I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors. I went the lazy route and used speech to text.
Welcome!

For the house RV stuff, owner's manuals are usually a waste of time. They are way too generic and cover countless other RVs. You will rarely be lucky enough to find anything that matches yours even remotely close.

However, for each item, such as the refrigerator, stove furnace, water heater, genny, you can usually go by the model number and get the exact manual for each item. Usually free pdf downloads.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Manauals are nice. problem is for RV's they mostly don't exist. But there is hope.
Now. for the most part we can break teh RV down into parts.
Engine, chassis, Drive train. Your Damon is either based on a GM designed (Workhorse) Chassis or a Ford. Get a manual for a Truck of the same make and it will cover just about every chassis part save for the Isolator or Battery Conrtrol system (Likely an Intelletec BCC) and the jacks. (Likely Power gear)
Outer walls Are also covered since that's like the outer "Skin" of a car or truck.
Inner walls, floors ceiling and such same as your house.

Roof. Likely one of the Rubber/plastic roofs Mop it (Like a kitchen floor) tx a year and inspect it.
Stuff. Including steps, Mirrors, Doors, Seats, Refrigerator Microwave (See note) A/C's, Toilet, Water pump, Converter and finally slide outs if any Televison/radio et-al

All these devices have make and model, all are 3-rd party and you simply google as follows
Make model manual

NOTE My Dometic Microwave was really an LG. I have nothing good to say about Lousy Goods (LG) but with a bit of re-design by a competent electronics tech (me) it lasted over 15 years.

Can anybody help me out?
The main reason that RV owner's manuals are so hard to find is because they usually have very little information that is of much use. The best way to find information needed is to check the make and model of each appliance and then either do an internet search, or list them here and we can supply you with links to download the operator's manuals for them. Another good source of information is to visit YouTube RV information and watch the videos on how to operate things.

Do not hesitate to ask questions here as well but try and supply us specifics about what you want help in using such as the make and model of each item as many of the items have more than one version.

I have nothing good to say about Lousy Goods (LG)
Same here. Seems their junk is always breaking down, but usually not too difficult to repair, such as my "Lousy Goods" refrigerator at my Reno house.

Every few years ice builds up on the refrigerator fan and stops it and then the refrigerator warms up all the way to room temp., but the freezer still works perfectly.

Then I have to use hot water on the ice to remove the fan and then more hot water to get the ice off the fan after it is removed. Fan comes out from the front of the refrigerator, located on the rear wall under a bunch of vented plastic.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom