I need to know the class number of my RV.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedsToy

But I have no books right now. They are up in the motorhome where I bought it from. It's a 36 foot Damon Challenger with 8.1 workhorse. It's a 2004. I contacted the lady where it's at, 3 hours away and asked her to find out what class it is. She couldn't find it on the inside placards or doesn't know where to look in the books. Ideas anyone?

Google 2004 Damon Challenger M348 vortec Class A Motorhome to if what you bought?

Yes, did that. But there are several version classes of the 8.1 workhorse.

There's no such thing as class number. Motorhomes can be Class A, B or C. The numbers you are mentioning corresponding to chassis manufacturer and the engine fitted.

I think I said in my post what class number.
The problem seems to be that most, like myself do not know what you mean by class number? As the post above states, NADA only lists 2 versions of a 36' Challenger and both are shown as M-348. If that isn't what you are looking for, you need to give us more information about what you need.

Are you looking for something such as the way big trucks are classed as class 8 (really big) and such? If so, I've never come across anything like that for motorhomes. So, as Kirk says, we need to better understand what you actually are looking for.

Is the "number" you are looking for something specific to some state registration information? Personally, I have never seen that on a motorhome.

SeilerBird,
You are correct. Thank you very much. I was beginning to think I was losing it.

There's no such thing as class number. Motorhomes can be Class A, B or C. The numbers you are mentioning corresponding to chassis manufacturer and the engine fitted.
uchu - see responses.

So what you were looking for was the alphanumeric "Model number" for that series.
Well yes and no. I originally did say class #. So yes. If your looking at NADA for appraisal rates. They only show class #rs. That's why I said class numbers.

Well yes and no. I originally did say class #. So yes. If your looking at NADA for appraisal rates. They only show class #rs. That's why I said class numbers.
And that's probably why most of us were confused about what you wanted, since we rarely make much reference to NADA beyond maybe a price range, you didn't mention NADA, and I'm not aware of anyone else that uses that sort of classification -- of course I didn't even know about NADA using it. More info so often helps you get better results.

Back
Top Bottom