I need your opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mardo

I am wanting to buy a 2021 GMC 2500 6.6 diesel with towing capacity 18,500 and payload 3,760 capacity (fifth wheel). I'm looking at a Grand Design Solitude 12,100 UVW, 15000 GVWR, 2,350hitch weight. I really want this vehicle so I might want to find a lighter fifth wheel. It will only be my wife and myself. We are thinking about going to Utah and Colorado this fall. Any opinions on if this will work.

Which model Solitude. Solitude is a line of 5th wheels and tends to be heavier than the Reflection series for a similar floor plan.
I have a Reflection 337rls which is 35’.

I believe that for you to get the payload you posted, this would be the entry or trades model truck, no options, 2WD,gas motor and a standard cab.

The seller of my trailer had a crew cab F250 gas model with a 2750 payload.

The diesel weighs more but the GVWR is the same as the gas model so the payload is less.

Which model Solitude. Solitude is a line of 5th wheels and tends to be heavier than the Reflection series for a similar floor plan.
I have a Reflection 337rls which is 35’.

I believe that for you to get the payload you posted, this would be the entry or trades model truck, no options, 2WD,gas motor and a standard cab.

The seller of my trailer had a crew cab F250 gas model with a 2750 payload.

The diesel weighs more but the GVWR is the same as the gas model so the payload is less.
310Gk

In the 2021 GMC Tow Guide I see crew cab 2500's very close to those numbers, so he's maybe right about the particular truck.

Gotta figure the pin weight on that Solitude is going to come out at 3000 lbs or a bit more (20% of the 3000# GVWR), so the truck GVWR is going to be close to max. He will need to be careful to chack the GVWR on the actual vehicle placard, not a sales brochure or tow guide. A few options could reduce the payload below safe levels.

In the 2021 GMC Tow Guide I see crew cab 2500's very close to those numbers, so he's maybe right about the particular truck.

Gotta figure the pin weight on that Solitude is going to come out at 3000 lbs or a bit more (20% of the 3000# GVWR), so the truck GVWR is going to be close to max. He will need to be careful to chack the GVWR on the actual vehicle placard, not a sales brochure or tow guide. A few options could reduce the payload below safe levels.
Thanks for your time. I found a used one and the owner says pin weight is 2366. Will it say that on the RV?

Thanks for your time. I found a used one and the owner says pin weight is 2366. Will it say that on the RV?
No and the brochure will only list the dry pin weight. See if you can take the trailer to a truck scale. Doesn't have to be with your truck. Make one pass with the truck and trailer together and get the individual axle weights. Then disconnect the trailer and weigh the truck by itself and compare it's weight to what it was with tne trailer connected. The difference is the trailer's pin weight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom