I think I blew up my generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news Tom... :)
but
Gloomy Gus says "why the h#$% did the fuse blow in the first place?".  :(
I hope you have a spare fuse in hand now. ???  And here's hoping you never use it!

Bob

SuperMike said:
So Tom, what have you, all of us, learned from this......................  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek:
That if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. The generator runs but the motorhome doesn't. Lost the fan belt near Kingman last night.  :mad:

Pierat said:
You are only supposed to lose fan belts in Gila Bend, which used to call itself "The Fan Belt Capital of the World!"
I can't do anything right lately.

What toad?  ;)

Many years ago, I had a 1959 Rambler and lost the fanbelt in the middle of nowhere.  Notice I said "the" - there was only one belt.

My choices were to try and hitch a ride (not many cars passing by in the middle of Nevada), walk about 20 miles to the nearest town, or see how far the car would run before it overheated.  I decided to try the latter, and found if I stayed around 45 MPH the temperature gauge stayed near the middle of the dial.  That was the magic spot where the engine wasn't working too hard yet enough air came through the radiator to windmill the fan and turn the water pump.

Made it to the next town just fine, pulled into the auto parts store and bought a new belt.

Lou Schneider said:
What toad?  ;)
Just some sick humor, S-bird does not have a toad. I don't think he had a toad even when he had the DP. Hope he gets it back on the road soon. It's hot out there in Kingman, AZ.
J

TOM! when you buy that new belt..buy 2 of them and put the spare one in the same drawer as that spare fuse. Maybe I'll buy a spare belt for myself tomorrow..there have been some moths flying around the room. ;)

However belts do deteriorate over time.  So when the engine belt goes your backup may not be too far behind.  In other words purchase a backup belt as soon as you use the backup belt.

Darn it Tom! hopefully it has an oil pressure cutoff also to kill it due to loss of oil pressure. If it were me I would change oil like planned ,pull spark plugs and turn motor over by jumping starter with screwdriver. If it turns over listen for rattles and clanks and knocks. Turning it over with starter primes pump and fills filter so you don't have a dry start. If all sound good put that darn cap back on and see it she fires up....lots of luck.....better luck!

Back
Top Bottom